I just listened to Klipsch for the 1st time and ...

Miron88

...all I can say is WOW !!! Smile.gif

I went to my neighborhood WIZ and they had the movie swordfish on and nobody but me in the listening room... hehe

I had the RF-3ii, RS-3ii and some Klipsch Center channel (I think it might have been synergy) and a Klipsch sub (12").

The part with the hostage explosive made me feel like I was right in the middle of it, very, very clear sounding.

The only thing that didn't smack me in the face was the sub, I listened to the same scene with and without the sub (because I will probably have to add a sub later) and with the sub only added (IMO) a minimal extra low end.

Although, it was a floor model in the Wiz so possibly it could have been damaged too (I didn't check).

But still, all I could say is WOW, I think I'm Sold on KLIPSCH !!!

Welcome to the right track... to sound beyond Bose and Boomboxes... helpful Forum members who will set you straight... well, except for a few funny curves from the extreme among us!

If you like what you heard... there is nothing but wonderful HT & Music adventures ahead for you on this Forum.

Of course, the more serious you are... the more Klipsch pieces you attempt to own... the more info you'll get.

You'll find folks here that are into the Klipsch horn classics from the full range purity of Heritage to the hard driving Legends... most of which are no longer made. And the high tech Reference series that is bringing more audiophiles over to a new level of Klipsch precision.

Chances are the best theater you have ever gone to had Klipsch Pro speakers... or at least some kind of horn loaded in-your-face bad boys.

So welcome to about the friendliest, most helpful BBS in the audio world. Oh, and if you want a character reference be sure and ask Forrest Hump and soon you will be up to TheEar(s) in action! cwm32.gif HornEd

------------------

"LEADING 8 LEGENDS INTO THE 6.1 GENERATION!"

FOREGROUND SOUND STAGE:

KLF 30's: Left Main, Center Main, Right Main

KLF C7's: L & R Front Effects on 5' sand filled columns

BACKGROUND SOUND STAGE:

KLF 30's: Left Surround, Rear Effects, Right Surround

LARGE MOUTH BASS:

Twin SVS CS-Ultra SubTower, Samson Megawatt Amp

KLIPSCH SPEAKER SUPPORT SYSTEMS:

Bass friendly, oversized, glove-leather LazyBoy Recliners

Mitsubishi RPHD1080i 65", Yamaha RX-V3000 Receiver

Toshiba Pro Scan 6200, Toshiba Pro 6-head SVHS W808

in search of the Eternal Tweak!

Music Respite Room: Vintage Cornwall's in Transition

Klipsched Class "A" Motorhome: On the road testing

"WOW HE'S HOOKED" Remamber theres now turning back.

Welcome the the Klipsch Arena. Glad to "hear Klipsch" got your tone up. The fact that you spent more on your speakers and a little less for your receiver tells me your on your way to a never ending battle with new technology.

The good thing is the Klipsch speakers will survive many power upgrades, technology changes, new digital formats, processors etc...

Don't forget to purchase some decent quality speaker cables and interconnects.

Hope this forum has helped educate you in the decision making process.

I read more than I post, but there is always some good info out here, you just have to weed through some mumbojumbo from time to time.

------------------

A/VR- Yamaha 870

RF-3II

RC-3II

RS-3II

KSW12

DVD Panasonic RP-56

Pioneer 5 Disc CD

Echostar Sat

Hitachi Ultravision 50"

Good to hear you liked the Klipsch "IN YER FACE" experience. Smile.gif

I purchased RF-7's,RF-5's and an RC-7 for my small 10*14' micro HT room!With four Sunfire(well one of them Carver)subs and over 2KW RMS of amplifier power I understand the Power of Klipsch.MY EARS are BUZZING

Klipsch are wonderful speakers for HT use,and quite good for music.The great Klipsch music speakers are the CornBreadWallz and the one and only Klipsch Horn.

And dont you ever recomend a B0$e system to anyone,bass shakers are prohibited too!As many know

B0$e owners hate music and accuracy.Dr B0$e is a brainwash expert,too!

HornEd,

Did I hear someone calling TheEAR out? You better trust TheEAR will call Forrest's nurse and Gump will get a double injection to ease his hate towards good ole Bob and Dan.Forrest cant stand great minds,this explains why he loaths TheEAR!

Wink.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Like they say in the Hz rental commercials, "Not exactly..." I was in a playful mood after making a deal for a pair of late model walnut K-horns with cane grilles with a matching Belle for a center... which match my vintage Cornwalls. I have been trying to get a reasonable deal for some time... and today was the day.

I figured if I introduced then newbie to ForrestHump that you would not be far behind... thus, the newbie would be up to his "(The)Ears"... so, I am so stoked about gaining a little Heritage in my life that what writing skills I may have had left for Atlanta to guide the truck to San Francisco.

I am an old warrior... people are never in doubt when I call them out... but since your here, any bass reflections about K-horns you might share from a sub-human perspective? cwm13.gif HornEd