Dog killer reinstated

No morals judgement-- no political spin- just facts. It accepted fact that Michael Vick willfully participated in the toture of innocent dogs involving beatings and electrocution resulting in multiple deaths of dogs purchased for fighting in punishment for failing to perform in the dogfighting community.For his actions he received a celeb rock star slap on the wrist of a watered down stint in prison where he was allowed to hone his football skills to keep himself fit as a marketable comodity in the NFL. Now- today- he has been re-instated with another slap on the wrist suspension.

I am anything but an activist. I participate actively in sport hunting, I love to watch events involving horse races and working canines. I live on red meat. I love raw fish. I attended every Carolina Panther home game last year except for one where I was out of town on business. But...this is totally over the top. I will not go on with a lengthly rant but this is total BS. I will have a very hard time buying NFL tickets or merchandise as result of this. I certianly hope that no team picks up this piece of human garbage. We will see how it plays out

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah.....my buddy Michael Vick. Before your time here winchester but it was a post I wrote about Vick and my outrage at his behavior that resulted in a locked thread a couple of years ago. My only locked thread in four years[:S]

No morals judgement-- no political spin- just facts. It accepted fact that Michael Vick willfully participated in the toture of innocent dogs involving beatings and electrocution resulting in multiple deaths of dogs purchased for fighting in punishment for failing to perform in the dogfighting community.For his actions he received a celeb rock star slap on the wrist of a watered down stint in prison where he was allowed to hone his football skills to keep himself fit as a marketable comodity in the NFL. Now- today- he has been re-instated with another slap on the wrist suspension.

I am anything but an activist. I participate actively in sport hunting, I love to watch events involving horse races and working canines. I live on red meat. I love raw fish. I attended every Carolina Panther home game last year except for one where I was out of town on business. But...this is totally over the top. I will not go on with a lengthly rant but this is total BS. I will have a very hard time buying NFL tickets or merchandise as result of this. I certianly hope that no team picks up this piece of human garbage. We will see how it plays out

DITTO BRO'

No morals judgement-- no political spin- just facts. It accepted fact that Michael Vick willfully participated in the toture of innocent dogs involving beatings and electrocution resulting in multiple deaths of dogs purchased for fighting in punishment for failing to perform in the dogfighting community.For his actions he received a celeb rock star slap on the wrist of a watered down stint in prison where he was allowed to hone his football skills to keep himself fit as a marketable comodity in the NFL. Now- today- he has been re-instated with another slap on the wrist suspension.

I am anything but an activist. I participate actively in sport hunting, I love to watch events involving horse races and working canines. I live on red meat. I love raw fish. I attended every Carolina Panther home game last year except for one where I was out of town on business.   But...this is totally over the top. I will not go on with a lengthly rant but this is total BS. I will have a very hard time buying NFL tickets or merchandise as result of this. I certianly hope that no team picks up this piece of human garbage. We will see how it plays out

i guess i'll be the first opposing viewpoint. i've never did what he did; but, i've broken others laws before. i disagree with you totally. first off, i find a two-year stint in any place that regularly puts cylindric devices up one's backside to be the furthest thing from a rock star slap on the wrist treatment. And your post if full of moral judgments. he served his sentence; but, that isn't enough for you. now, you deem him unworthy to continue making a living playing football. so, what is an acceptable vocation for him since football isn't? In a world where Winchester is king--what would an acceptable punishment have been? I hope he's sorry. I hope that he's able to play football again, earn a living, and be a productive member of society. I don't think I should want anything less for him. there is much wisdom in the Scripture that says he who is without sin, let him cast the first stone. in God's eyes a sin is a sin and nothing that vick did is any worse that anything that anyone of us have ever done. i can't expect His forgiveness if I'm not willing to extend it to my fellow man. that said, i wish him well.

.... I don't think I should want anything less for him. there is much wisdom in the Scripture that says he who is without sin, let him cast the first stone. in God's eyes a sin is a sin and nothing that vick did is any worse that anything that anyone of us have ever done...

Fwiw, any God that would forgive an adult who maliciously beat a dog and consider that the status quo of his people is mind blowing to me...[:S]

Stewman- your opinions are so noted and repected-I have tried to reconcile this one in the greatest scheme of things but cannot do it- too far over the top. This one just pushes every button in my body and I cant see my way past it. But I do repect your view of this situation. Hope we can agree to disagree.

i guess i'll be the first opposing viewpoint. i've never did what he did; but, i've broken others laws before. i disagree with you totally. first off, i find a two-year stint in any place that regularly puts cylindric devices up one's backside to be the furthest thing from a rock star slap on the wrist treatment. And your post if full of moral judgments. he served his sentence; but, that isn't enough for you. now, you deem him unworthy to continue making a living playing football. so, what is an acceptable vocation for him since football isn't? In a world where Winchester is king--what would an acceptable punishment have been? I hope he's sorry. I hope that he's able to play football again, earn a living, and be a productive member of society. I don't think I should want anything less for him. there is much wisdom in the Scripture that says he who is without sin, let him cast the first stone. in God's eyes a sin is a sin and nothing that vick did is any worse that anything that anyone of us have ever done. i can't expect His forgiveness if I'm not willing to extend it to my fellow man. that said, i wish him well.

What the hell are you going on about? Who cares about scripture? They guy tortured innocent animals that couldn't defend themselves. He should be shot. And no, he should not be allowed to play football. Don't be stupid. He had his chance to be a "productive member of society" and proved that he wasn't capable, and that, no matter how much money he makes, he's nothing but a thug, and the scum of the earth. How can you forgive something like that? If you think what he did was okay, then you are just as bad as him. Period.

Winchester--of course i respect your right to be wrong (just joking). we all draw our lines somewhere. I have a close friend that grew up in a crime filled area, been shot at so many times that he said he finally stopped even looking around when he heard gunshots. we've argued so many times about issues, because of what he saw as he was growing up, he often will defend the accused and even excuse the actions of some gang members. but, drinking & driving is the worst thing in the world to him. He will excuse a group that beat the crap out of another person, saying that i just don't understand why these people are so angry--but, you should see him get mad whenever he hears of someone getting a DUI. for me, i just live a life of gratitude believing that it is nothing but God's grace keeping me from being the worst person in the world. And since I've been forgiven for so much, i surely do not rejoice when someone else falls. so, no i don't have any hard feelings because we disagree--life would be kinda boring if everyone agreed about everything. i hope you have a good night. we'll keep talking, i'm sure that there are plenty of things that we'll agree with--after all, we're both members of this forum.

What the hell are you going on about?  Who cares about scripture?  They guy tortured innocent animals that couldn't defend themselves. He should be shot.  And no, he should not be allowed to play football.  Don't be stupid.  He had his chance to be a "productive member of society" and proved that he wasn't capable, and that, no matter how much money he makes, he's nothing but a thug, and the scum of the earth.  How can you forgive something like that?  If you think what he did was okay, then you are just as bad as him.  Period. 

WOW! Quite a mature response there. do your parents know that you're using the computer?

WOW! Quite a mature response there. do your parents know that you're using the computer?

I don't get it. My response was immature?

I've heard of people using religion to justify some pretty bad things before, but I never thought I'd see the day that someone would actually justify animal torture by saying "God" thinks it's okay. That has to be a new all-time low.

I don't get it.  My response was immature?  

I've heard of people using religion to justify some pretty bad things before, but I never thought I'd see the day that someone would actually justify animal torture by saying "God" thinks it's okay.  That has to be a new all-time low.

i never said that at all, and i never justified what he did either. my point was that he served his sentence and it's not up to me to make up my own set of rules to determine if he was punished enough or whether he's sorry enough to be able to go on with life. And as far as my God comment, i don't think He distinguishes between sin like we do. All sin is equally repugnant to Him. So my sins may be different; but, they are no greater or less than anyone else's. And if being willing to forgive someone makes me such a bad person, well I'll just have to live with that.

He did the time he was sentenced to and unless part of the punishment was not ever playing football again then it is the NFLs choice and any team that would take him.

What he did was wrong and illegal and I would not take him as a coach or owner but it is about making money in the NFL.

.... I don't think I should want anything less for him. there is much wisdom in the Scripture that says he who is without sin, let him cast the first stone. in God's eyes a sin is a sin and nothing that vick did is any worse that anything that anyone of us have ever done...

Fwiw, any God that would forgive an adult who maliciously beat a dog and consider that the status quo of his people is mind blowing to me...Tongue Tied

He has forgiven me... if MV is repentant (not for me to judge) how can I not also forgive him.

I live next door to the former crematory in Noble, Georgia. The former operator left bodies outside to rot instead of cremating them. He killed no one, yet many wish to crucify him. He is in prison and serving his time. He is forever guilty in the eyes of many, yet our justice system says that after he does the time he is free to return to society. That's the way it works.

Our actions have eternal consequences. I am just glad that God's love, mercy and forgiveness is greater than my own actions..

Peace, Bro'