Dog killer reinstated

Right now is the cooling off period for the teams. I bet several teams would hire Vick right now but no one wants to be the first to test the waters and experience the potential negativity reined down upon them for hiring him. Maybe there won't be much. Who knows. We are a forgiving society and he will get picked up within a few more days. WATCH. Money-wise he is a golden commodity. EVERYONE will watch when he returns, and it won't cost that much to hire him. He'll be right back in there shortly. There is certainly no abundance of quaterback talent backed up right now in the NFL that would cause him to be passed over.

I'm not so sure he'll be a good value. If I'm not mistaken the Players Association and Owners have a contract protecting tenured players. I may be wrong but I think he's still got a healthy base paycheck coming as far as position players and time in the league are concerned.

Harry

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just think no matter anyone's opinion on what he's done, Vick is going to play and draw a lot of attention (money for his team).

It will be interesting to see if players go after him and try to hurt him more so than other quarterbacks........and of course the million dollar question.........how long will he last before his carreer is over for one reason or another.

Personally I think he's going to beat this thing and all the attention will eventually dwindle...........right or wrong. Once again, we are a forgiving society and although he was involved in an extremely cruel activity, I still think it will eventually be put behind him if he stays out of trouble.

The joke is some here actually think Vick can play football.

As far as the rest, he is cruel and twisted but if killing animals was the worst someone could do, it would be a pretty lousy society we lived in. He paid his dues, if some owner is dumb enough to hire him, so be it.

As far as being let back into the league goes, I'll pose a question that I heard on the radio the other day. If YOU had been convicted of the same crime, and served the same time, could YOU get your job back?

Excellent point. Not only could I not get my job back, I'd probably have to take a job working minimum wage or doing day-labor.

Sad but true. Virtually anything goes for a buck. If there were not professional sports many of the athletes couldn't get a job at a gas station. But as long as their entertainment value can be sold........we'll be the ones paying them.......including Vick.

I'm watching the evening news and 3 teams have come out and said they are not the least bit interested in Vick. Once the smoke clears in a day or two watch what happens. I predict he will have a job or multiple choices by Saturday.

The particulary awful details of the personal involvement with the executions may not go away so quickly. I think this guy is an complete idiot and we will see him in the news again for something equally stupid. Godel had a real opportunity to send a strong message by excluding Vick, Adam(I'm now on my 12th chance)Pacman Jones, and the drunk driving murderer- Stalworth. Kicking these 3 goons out for good would have made some of the rest of these thugs think twice before pulling their antics. But Mr chicken---t comissioner backed off and caved in on VIck. Now, he is obligated to treat the rest of the thugs with the same degree of wrist slapping.

There are a lot of dog lovers out there and they WILL remember this. One could easily receive forgivness from the public for killing a woman or a child before torturing and killing a dog(s) in this manner.

I am sure that I will continue to watch NFL on network TV. But it may be a while before I plunk down 500.00 every other weekend for tickets, 8 dollar beers, and expensive food.Not to mention several hundred worth of hats and jerseys as customer gifts.

For some reason, this one hit the -enough is enough -button for me.

There are a lot of dog lovers out there and they WILL remember this. One could easily receive forgivness from the public for killing a woman or a child before torturing and killing a dog(s) in this manner.

Come on now thats just plain idiotic to say or think. Enough already! Dude you might need to seek some kind of help for that way of thinking.

There is a show on NGC called dog town and once in awhile they do an episode that details the torture and abuse of 34 of POS Vick's Pitbull Terriers endured and how much it took to rehab these dogs in order to try to place them into a home setting.. One thing none of you mention when you espouse the give him a second chance position is what was actually done to the dogs. The dogs he and his ilk killed are what we commonly call pets. You know the sweet ones that could not or would not fight and were tortured and killed. They surgically removed the teeth from fighting females and strapped them to rape stands to breed them. Weak dogs were used as "bait" dogs forced to get the crap torn and beat out of themselves in order to pump potential champion fighting dogs. Keep an eye on NGC and watch out for this show. After you’ve watched it tell me again all about how forgiving we should be. POS Vick should be able to earn a living I do not dispute that but from what I have read the fast food industry has plenty of openings.

Come on now thats just plain idiotic to say or think. Enough already! Dude you might need to seek some kind of help for that way of thinking.

Well let's see. Stallworth got 30 days for killing a man with his car while under the influence. Vick got 2 years for fighting dogs. Peoples moral compass's get screwed up when you look at what's happening out there. I'm not saying that anyone in particular's moral compass is screwed up, I'm just saying that it's easy to see how people can look at these 2 situations and be outraged on many different levels.

It is ridiculous beyond belief to read nonsense like "strapped them to rape stands". Get a grip.

Vick abused animals and did his time but you guys equating animals to humans have your own issues

You get a grip, watch the show do some research at what was removed from his property. Show me where I made this equation of humans and animals. Really show me any post I have ever made that ever espoused that. I’d suggest you resolve you own issues before you cast your aspirations on people by making BS claims like that.

Well let's see. Stallworth got 30 days for killing a man with his car while under the influence. Vick got 2 years for fighting dogs. Peoples moral compass's get screwed up when you look at what's happening out there. I'm not saying that anyone in particular's moral compass is screwed up, I'm just saying that it's easy to see how people can look at these 2 situations and be outraged on many different levels.

Exactly. A million dogs doesnt equal one human life.

It's all tragic. I personally am not defending anyone here just making a point animals are pets of humans. And agreed they should be treated as pets.

Please for the record- I DO NOT value animal life over human life. Read my initial post. Here's my point

Society is numb to drunk driving deaths, murder, clild abuse- ect ect. It is so commmonplace that it goes unnoticed. Vick did some really sick stuff that is off the chart and quite unique at this point. You could not have drawn a better blueprint on how to piss as many people off at one time as possible. I do not fall into this group but there are many people who think more of their dogs than they do people.I am certainly not trying to make a case that this train of thought is morally correct. But I stand by what I said- You can get in more trouble harming an animal in such a manner that you can for killing someone.

A guy just got 45 years in prison for running a Vick style operation in SC. You can find many legal documents outlining the details of the Vick case on the internet including a copy of his indictment. The gory details of rape stands- electrocution- and baiting certainly appear to be true. Otherwise he would have walked.

I predict that this one will linger for a while.As well it should.I think Mr dogkiller is in for a rough ride. I would not be surprised if there is not a bounty on him when he does make it back on the field.

Exactly. A million dogs doesnt equal one human life.

Depends on the human.....Vick isn't worth a three leg, asthmatic, blind, and aging chihuahua[:#]

Hey winchester.....I think my Vick thread 2 1/2 years ago went 7 pages before it was yanked..[8-)]..were getting close.

I would not be surprised if there is not a bounty on him when he does make it back on the field.

I doubt it. The NFL really doesn't care what he did. They only care in how his actions affect sponsor dollars. Why do you think no one has jumped up and signed him? Because teams are morally outraged over his actions? No, they're scared of loosing sponsors and PETA parties in their parking lot. As far as the players are concerned, he's just another player. They have their own contracts to worry about.