Dog killer reinstated

I am just glad he did not wind up in Minnesota, being a life long Vikings fan, I am not sure I could have endured the "Vickings" commentary. I did at least for awhile like the Eagles but I'll not show them any favor any longer.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

J4N- Dude.. I really thought ole rin 10 10 was headed for Minn. The press up there would have had him for lunch!!!!!!!! glad for ya that that it did not happen. The cowboys were also interested..needed somebody to replace TO. I also expected the raiders or Denver to be the next dog pen for this loser.

I am not totally surprised but I did not think that Philly woulod pony up the dough.

I just watched kyle Orton throw 3 pics in the first half against SF. Ole michael short leash would be looking like a good move in mile high right about now. The fans booed and threw stuff at him during open practices- now this.

Vick will be back in the pokey as soon as he gets a few bucks in his pocket. Gonna be an interesting year.

Quote: "Vick will be back in the pokey as soon as he gets a few bucks in his pocket"

I don't think so. He just did approx. 2 years hard time with no priors. He comes across very humble on tv. Now the next question is, can he play football?

Vick seemed humble...So did Pacman Jones. Vick has a appitite for trouble.. like the fake water bottle/weed carrier at the airport. He pulled a bunch of stuff at Va Tech that never got reported. he was involved in dogfighting the whole time that he was there. A good friend of mine who works in sports TV production told me that he heard a report of Vick getting into a fight in the locker room and biting a teammate. I think he and Marcus are both programed for failure-just a question of when and where.

This subject has been a hot topic of conversation everywhere lately- at work-at the bar- at the cigar shop, ect. Present company on the forum excluded of course-it is amazing how many of the forgive and forget crowd dont have a clue what Vick actualy did to the dogs. Very few have actually read the indictment and testimony. They think the dogs were killed by other dogs or humanely put down with a bullet. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I have no doubt that Vick can still play football. He was allowed to form his own little football team and play during his hard time. He will do well-make millions- and somwwhere down the road he will pull another stunt like this one.

For your evening viewing or not.....James Brown interviewing Michael Vick on 60 Minutes tonight. Will Brown serve up cream puff questions or take him to task? Haven't decided whether to watch or not. Would have a hard time looking at Vick.

No I do not believe he will. James Brown is pretty objective. I have seen bits and pieces of the clip-(How the &%$# could anyone.. miss it..all that has been on for the last 4 days). What I saw had some real hard ball questions about his specific activities in the dog mangling murder festivities.

I elected not to watch. I am totally sick of seeing this piece of garbage. Rest assured that every sports and news channel wil be covering it for days to come.

Better idea..Pour your self a glass of vodka.. listen to some Klipsch jam.. medicine for the soul.

OK I broke down and watched the interview- outvoted. James Brown cut him very little slack IMO. Vick is indeed sorry and regretful....that he got caught...that he lost his money and his cars, houses.businesses, his dog murder palace,and his hoes. Jailhouse remorse and lawyerspeak. I am not buying any of it ... not for a minute. His speech was very unconvincing IMHO. Keep a bed open for him in the slammer- he will be back.

maybe not right away.. but sometime in the not too distant future.

Just had a thought. VICK VS FARVE NFC title game. Wow. Recon anybody would watch that one?

What Vick did wasn't a stunt. It was a lifestyle. Probably around fighting and abusing dogs his whole life. What went on at Vick's place had been going on for years. Wonder how many NFL football players were in on the fun? That until 2yrs ago when it all came tumbling down. Certainly not a rare or isolated thing either. That kinda crap is all around us. Go to your nearby fleamarket and see how many Pitbulls are there with spiked collars and their foreheads scarred up sitting behind a 1/2 doz. puppies for sale. Hmmm, wonder what they might be into............Sadly, I also suspect its a very rare prosecution to go after people fighting dogs.

Vick would have beat one death- electrocuted 2- drowned 3- shot the rest- and bragged to his friends about it.. They would have looked at Vick- turned around and hauled @ss into the next state just like in the cartoon.

That is it....perfect job for Vick....Dog catcher!!

This guy is a bigger idiot than I thought. 1 week with a new team- the biggest 2nd chance in modern history....and you are spotted ...drinking Vodka in a bar....Maybe not a violation of team rules.. I thought his probation said no alcohol-maybe I was wrong... but in any case ..you are a sitting duck for some drunk to walk up and start a fight and be "the guy who kicked Michal vick's a - - . And then you are back at square one.

Just a matter of time................

The Georgia couple that got killed by the pack of wild dogs...........that was just a few miles from my house. Several small dogs. We saw them on TV. You'd never suspect they would or could kill a person looking at them. But they did.

On a few occasions one or a couple of wild dogs have come out of the woods into my yard looking for food (my cats). Never a pack. Hungry pitbulls though. It is scary. I was outside in my yard once and didn't realize what was happening. They came right out of the woods quickly and approached in a way that almost looked friendly at first. You don't think they are wild at first. Then they reveal themselves quickly, become mean immediately. I was able to get up on my deck and one of my cats hid in the woods and they didn't find her. Eventually they ran off. An old person faced with many dogs would not stand a chance. A terrible way to die. Very bad.

I managed 300 acres in the NC mountains for 7 years bordering the Blue ridge parkway. for 7 years. People think that this is a good place to dump unwanted dogs. Next thing you know you have a pack. A pack chased our neighbor into her house and would not let her come out. THe police showed up and killed 3 or 4 of them- the others escaped. A pack approached my young son- 5 or 6 at the time. My heart stopped and I yelled at them. No gun on my side of course. I yelled at them and they ran off for some reason. In cooperation with the local sheriff we regulary killed them for 5 years. They became wary and stopped coming up to peoples houses. As stated an old unarmed person would havfe no chance of surviving a wild pack of dogs. People who dump unwanted animals should be hanged. Big source of this problem.

i guess i'll be the first opposing viewpoint. i've never did what he did; but, i've broken others laws before. i disagree with you totally. first off, i find a two-year stint in any place that regularly puts cylindric devices up one's backside to be the furthest thing from a rock star slap on the wrist treatment. And your post if full of moral judgments. he served his sentence; but, that isn't enough for you. now, you deem him unworthy to continue making a living playing football. so, what is an acceptable vocation for him since football isn't? In a world where Winchester is king--what would an acceptable punishment have been? I hope he's sorry. I hope that he's able to play football again, earn a living, and be a productive member of society. I don't think I should want anything less for him. there is much wisdom in the Scripture that says he who is without sin, let him cast the first stone. in God's eyes a sin is a sin and nothing that vick did is any worse that anything that anyone of us have ever done. i can't expect His forgiveness if I'm not willing to extend it to my fellow man. that said, i wish him well.

Ah yes, life would be so much better without Morals. Just think, some guy flips you off for not moving fast enough after the green light, You Can Shoot Him. Don't like that speeding ticket, kill the trooper. Take away his taser, and use it on him. Yes sirrrrreeee, no need nor time for moral judgments, just shoot the mutha's.

And of course he should be allowed to play football again. It doesn't matter that he was in a high profile, high exposure, position, making millions and millions of dollars off his god given talents, why shoot fire, he probabaly never even knew there was a law against dog fighting and gambling. Give the little fella a 2nd., 3rd., 4th and even a 100th chance. Don't poo poo on his parade for a little thing like poor moral judgment.

While your reaching deep inside your soul to find forgiveness to poor ole MV, here's another little fella that made a mis-guided moral foot step. He and his lovely wench should not have to spend any jail time, he never ment to hurt anyone, in fact he never murdered the little girl and promises a heart warming hollywood story. Can you find a little spot in your heart to forgive him too.

Shoot, morals, who needs'em. Certainly not mankind or society at large. Great argument, I'm with you 1000%.