i need new receiver

chris86

i need to get a receiver with the decoders to go with rf-62's rc-62 and rb-51's dont need a 7.1 receiver it can be 5.1 with a price range of 300-500 just wondering if anyone new a good receiver to go good with my klipsch's and my budget

What do you mean "with the decoders" ?

I went from an Onkyo TX-SR805 to my Marantz SR7001 and the Marantz is incredible for both music and home theater.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marantz-SR7001-110w-x-7ch-THX-HDMI-HD-Ipod-2nd-Zone_W0QQitemZ130320519625QQcmdZViewItemQQptZReceivers_Tuners?hash=item1e57b551c9&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

i need to get a receiver with the decoders to go with rf-62's rc-62 and rb-51's dont need a 7.1 receiver it can be 5.1 with a price range of 300-500 just wondering if anyone new a good receiver to go good with my klipsch's and my budget

If your player can decode then you don't need to worry about your receiver having to.

If your player can decode then you don't need to worry about your receiver having to.

You're right, but doesn't the player have to be connected to the receiver via HDMI for this to work? If your receiver doesn't have the ability to decode DTS-HDMA and Dolby True HD, odds are it doesn't have HDMI connections either. This is the situation with my setup now. My Sony blu ray player can decode the new audio formats but my receiver doesn't have HDMI connections so I can't take advantage of the blu ray player's ability to decode the new audio formats. I've also been told that it is preferable to have your receiver doing the decoding. Kind of like how if you have a good HDTV its better to have it do the video processing rather than your receiver. You might want to check out Pioneer's new lineup of budget receivers. The vsx-819H-K model goes for $299.00 and supports Dolby True HD and DTS HD Master Audio.

You're right, but doesn't the player have to be connected to the receiver via HDMI for this to work?

Nope. As long as the Blu-Ray player has 5.1 or 7.1 outputs via RCA interconnects and your receiver has 5.1 or 7.1 pre-amp inputs you'll also get the HD sound formats.