Emotiva

LMFronsee

Hey, so im thinking about what to amplify my new RF7 surround system with and am looking into emotiva products as it looks like they have a very good price/performance ratio. Im hoping to hear more from people with some hands on experience with them and some other not ultra high end quality amps (id love to buy some awesome mcintosh/lexicon amps but just dont have the cash) what about rotel or others in a similar price range? specifically im looking at the XPA5. which goes for $800. any and all thoughts welcome. Thanks,Luke

Hey luke,

I dont have any hands on, but...threw my research I think the Emotiva 3 channel amp is the best way to go. It can take the load off of your avr and let it just run the sourrounds while at the same time sound better up front..And for only 600 bucks..I dont think we can go wrong with this upgrade..im waiting to get some extra cash so I can get mine to pair up with my yamaha..Cant wait to juice up my KLF 20's with a nice seperate amp...I would love to hear more hands on reviews of new purchasers of the Emotiva here on the forum as well...Monty

In another amp thread on this forum a member recommended that I get an amp with twice the power rating of my speakers. I have RF-82s rated at 150W RMS/600W peak. So I'd have to get an amp with a 300W per channel rating. But a lot of people on this forum seem to be happy with Emotiva's 200W per channel amps. So is an amp with twice the power rating of my speakers overkill?

XPA3 for $600 is really stretchig my budget.

Maybe this is more in your budget. Nice amp with a good used price.

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampstran&1254023223&/Acurus-200-X-3-Amplifier-Rare-

Offer this guy $500.00. I am very pleased with my B&K. Mates very well with Klipsch IMHO.

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampsmult&1254270978&/B-K-Reference-4430-

Bill

just want to share my 2 cents .. I purchased a XPA-2 last July and have been enjoying "headrooming" my lascalas. I have been extremely pleased with this amp.

I recently picked up a pair of Heresy-Is, rebuilt the xover and refinished the cabinets. I am truly amazed at the sound quality of the Heresys driving with the XPA-2 (250/ch.).

Looks like I am planning something similar to InVeNtOR as I am awaiting Emotiva's release of their UMC-1 and will then pickup an XPA-3 for center & rears.

• 1 month later...

Luke,

I have been trying to get a hold of you without any succes so I figured I'd try it this way. Will you please contact me and LET ME KNOW if you are still going to follow through with our transaction on A-Gon? You made an official offer 3 days ago, I accepted. Maybe my emails are going into you junk folders?