have you been to the zu ???

"...these drivers are again run exclusively below their free-air resonance. The Definition Pro now sports two input terminals, the left for the frontal array, the right one for the bass bank. Use of a dedicated bass amp with the Rane PEQ55 becomes mandatory. These woofers lack a low-pass filter and otherwise run wide open well to 1kHz and beyond."

I still prefer the sound of compression drivers, and like them as much crossed over higher with a stiff paper cone as I do crossed lower with a good horn.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am a fan of horn speakers as well big ole horns just have a presence that is larger than life ( almost ) that cannot be compared to by any box speaker IMHO, but big ole horns are just that BIG and require a dedicated space or at the very least a huge room that you can quarter them off to keep little ones from getting to curious and better halves from getting to angry....................with that i am also a huge fan of single drivers cant express every attribute in audiophile lingo but i can say they really do have something that is hard to beat and once you are cought up in the sound you find it hard to sway away from them............of course the drawback to single drivers is the bass (typically there is none or very little at best) so i see the zu def pro as a best of bothe worlds type speaker, you get thet single driver sound withe the benefit of bass and all in a smallish footprint......................if space were of no concern i would likely go back to an all horn system although my mids / highs would still be a single driver set-up be it compression or paper

Joe

I never said there was.

your post on this thread implied that we were breaching some form of etiquit by discussing another brand...................you are correct you didnt say anything but you certainly did imply this topic should not be here

Joe

Lighten up will ya.

I never said there was.

your post on this thread implied that we were breaching some form of etiquit by discussing another brand...................you are correct you didnt say anything but you certainly did imply this topic should not be here

Joe

Lighten up will ya.

beleive me this is light !!!!!!!!! remember i didnt jump in to antagonize i started a thread asking about others possiable experiences you turned it into something else...............i have simple responded and very politely i might add to this point. i would suppose you may be feeling a little slighted which puts you right where your initial input put others. So i guess its time to call it a day and move along with the initial point to this thread

so mr rf which speakers have you heard ????????? and what were your impressions ??? what led you to stick with klipsch ???

I never said there was.

Joe

Lighten up will ya.

beleive me this is light !!!!!!!!! remember i didnt jump in to antagonize i started a thread asking about others possiable experiences you turned it into something else...............i have simple responded and very politely i might add to this point. i would suppose you may be feeling a little slighted which puts you right where your initial input put others. So i guess its time to call it a day and move along with the initial point to this thread

so mr rf which speakers have you heard ????????? and what were your impressions ??? what led you to stick with klipsch ???

Well, joe, you know you don't care, so why even ask. Be as it may. I let it go, but in depth of your response, you keep it going. Thats fine, whatever lets you sleep at night. I'll be fine.

On with the ZU!

Joe took a rotary saw to a pair of la scalas. This Joe Schmo blow is talking about other speakers meanwhile hacking up klipsches like they were trees in his back yard.. Joe go blow a zu lu u boo hooo.... Dont worry Rf bro I got your back

dont oun a rotary saw, never heard of or for that matter seen a rotary saw................i used a circular saw to salvage a bass bin but i guess i cant expect you to understand the difference...................nice choice of words there for a 12 year old on a playground ( " Joe go blow a zu " joe blow thats real original, i guess the last time i heard that was grade school ) i imagine you are setting back in your bean bag chair looking at daddys cpu just laughing it up at that original little scrap beleiveing you will elicit a response like most long distance keyboard tough guys or playground bullys...but you picked the wrong guy for the task !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rf my inquiry was genuine, same as if we were face to face it would have been a hand extended in friendship, because i beleive this place is about audio and friendship...................you may drag it out if you like i have friends and can live with or without more !!!!!!!!

Joe

Joe took a rotary saw to a pair of la scalas. This Joe Schmo blow is talking about other speakers meanwhile hacking up klipsches like they were trees in his back yard.. Joe go blow a zu lu u boo hooo.... Dont worry Rf bro I got your back

This is pretty remarkable and downright ridiculous. Joe is a long-standing, respected and contributing member of this forum. He has probably owned and listened to more Klipsch speakers than most. Before you newbies pop off it would be a good idea to use the search function and get some background information before you open your pie hole.

Josh

This is pretty remarkable and downright ridiculous. Joe is a long-standing, respected and contributing member of this forum. He has probably owned and listened to more Klipsch speakers than most. Before you “newbies” pop off it would be a good idea to use the search function and get some background information before you open your pie hole. Josh

I'm not even a long standing member and although this type of banter happens infrequently, seeing it is unfortunate. Sometimes misunderstandings between members take a life of their own, but to have one member criticize another member is nothing short of unfortunate...particularly when the 3rd party wasn't involved nor mentioned at any time.

To Josh's point, tact when posting on a forum of bretheren isn't an art form, it is common sense and if that isn't readily available, then hopefully civility will be.

I understand this is the Klipsch forum and maybe discussing other manufactuer's speakers as loftly as these Zu's have been hasn't been appropriate and for that I sincerely apologize if I offended ANY member.

I belong to a couple of acoustic guitar forums, and although it's tough to read about the accolades of another brand, I never take offense if the praises of another brand don't include bashing my brand. I didn't see any bashing of Klipsch speakers here, so I'm not sure why discussing Zu's is an issue, but again, I apologize if I offended anyone.

That being said, I love my speakers and that has nothing to do with how I feel about Klipsch speakers.

J.S.

joessportster: never bashed a klipsch speaker in my life unless you count the pair of lascalas i cut the top off of with my circular saw ( come to think of it, i was laughing the whole time, and i thought i heard a faint scream) aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh nothing like the smell of burning birch plywood.......maybe i am a secret basher !!!!!!!! nnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

my bad, it was a rotary saw..i stand corrected.,...whatever morons