Denon 4310 Owners?

shake777

Hi, I'm hoping there are some trusty Klipsch forum members who can tell me first hand about the Denon 4310ci. I know about the firmware problem and I've been looking at the owners manual. However there's not much out there as far as reviews that I can find and I hope one or more of you can tell me about your experience. Thanks.

I do know a forum member who bought the 4310ci about two weeks ago but he said he has not had time to set it up yet. He has been putting together a serious upgrade to his speakers, JubScalas and Jub/MWMs.

Once he gets it set up and running I'll tell him to email you with his thoughts on the Denon.

I just bought a Denon 4310ci receiver. Just hooked it up but I haven't calibrated my speakers with Audyssey or made any tweaks. I've literally plugged my speakers and components in and that's it. So you'll have to take my first impressions with a large grain of salt, and I can't speak much for the features yet. Haven't even been able to watch blu rays yet because I need a longer HDMI cable to connect my TV to the receiver's HDMI out slot. But right out of the box I noticed that my center channel has been given new life. Dialogue is crisper, cleaner, and more audible. I tried turning up the center channel volume on my old budget Yamaha receiver but the result was an unnatural effect that created "cupped hands" sound. Watched a couple movies and shows on HBO HD including Hulk. I didn't even make any changes to the low frequency crossover settings and the bass coming through my Fathom sub still sounded great. The sound seems to be more even as well. By this I mean the sound coming from my mains doesn't drowned out sound coming from my surrounds or center channel.

Again, I've tried balancing out my speakers through my old Yamaha receiver via the speaker volume settings, but never got the results I wanted. I'm not bagging on Yamaha receivers. I'm sure a high end Yamaha could garner the same results and improvements as my new Denon. Right out the box this thing sounds pretty damn good. I'm almost afraid to use Audyssey for fear it might change the sound I'm already satisfied with TOO much. Haven't really messed around with the remotes yet either. Pretty much have only used the on/off, volume, and input buttons. The remotes and the manual look a bit daunting. Overall my first impressions have been very positive for this receiver. It produced a noticeably more enveloping and detailed sound experience than my old budget receiver. I'll post further impressions once I've wrangled with the remote, manual, and Audyssey system more.