Amy, Sorry to hear about your Dad.

j-malotky

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw this. Very sorry to hear of your loss. The passing of a parent is a terrible thing, weather sudden or expected. After 25 years memories of my own father pop into my head more often that one would expect with such a passage of time.

I quickly pass over his defects, which in his case were minor, and relish the good times and calm moments we shared. A few lessons taught are still learned, laughter remains and always will.

Mourn his death and celibrate his life.

My thoughts are with you.

• Moderators

Thanks everyone so much - the support has been overwhelming and wonderful.

A slide show of images from his life has been posted here... I realize none of you knew him, but you'll be able to catch a glimpse of me in some embarrassing photos from my youth. Worth a couple minutes of your time for a good chuckle, maybe [:)]

Things are starting to feel a little " normal," but of course will
never be the same. Dad was such a unique and wonderful man... his
passing has left a large hole in our lives.

Thanks again, my forum family. Your words have meant a lot to me.

• Moderators

I watched the slide show. WOW......what a life he had. Very much a family guy. Loved the little ones. You also have a very sharp mother.

Yes, he loved his family above everything. The woman in most of the photos is actually my step mom, and the younger boys are my half-brothers (now 25 and 23). My mom is the picture of the graduate in cap and gown (my brother) with dad. I am forever grateful to both my mom and dad on how they were able to stand side by side through all family functions with never a tense moment. Such wonderful people, and a model for all divorced couples with children. I always tell mom she should write a book.