My Three Year "Jubilee Anniversary"

mikebse2a3

Well it took 1 year and 9 months of off and on work for me to complete one of the most challenging projects I've ever done. To look at the finished Jub it seems so simple but this project took a tremendous amount of planning and replanning how best to accomplish all my goals for the Zebrawood Jubilee.

Thanks so much to PWK, Roy and Klipsch for my Jubilee..!!!!!

mike tn[:D]

post-14473-13819498950506_thumb.jpg

Thems are definitely my dream speakers, congrats, ill have to move to a bigger house before i can sneak some of those in here.

Anybody looking for a soul, will trade straight up for some Jubs! wait nvm .... ill probably need it to enjoy them, then again i do have two kidney's.

Although I was once asked what was the piece of furniture underneath the speaker (i.e. the top section was identified as the whole speaker).

That was a typical comment for the 30 years I had my Khorns. Funny. Now they just say what an ugly pile of weird looking black stuff...........

Hey xtreme4099, What a nice comment, Thanks!

Hey my friend rigma, you and Becky are welcome anytime and I'm really looking forward to your impressions after giving the system a listen.

Hey Claude, I don't know exactly why but I like seeing details like this. It's kind of like a Hot Rod with a really nice engine "I want to see it as well as hear it"!

Thanks Travis! You and Power Tools...hmmmmm I don't know about that..[;)]

Hey TheEvan, Thanks! I'm sure it's a look that people will either love or hate but I'm lucky I'm on the klipsch forum were there is a lot of horn freaks![:D]

mike tn

Mike,

I recently sold a pair of Klipschorns and considering the Jubilee as an option. I really love the way you are dressing the top horn up cosmetically.

What is the additional metal on the rim of the 402 and how did you apply it? Additionally, I notice the holes on the 402 are covered with what appears to be buttons..

Any info regarding dressing up the aesthetic of the Jubilee would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

Hey Mike

An awesome looking result after all your hard planning and work. It´s worth every hour you have invested into this project. Mike, thanks for sharing this so nice pictures. Next I will do, to have at least a point to start with, is ordering the Klipsch logos and I will put them the same way as you did on the K402.

Regards,

Heinz

What is the additional metal on the rim of the 402 and how did you apply it? Additionally, I notice the holes on the 402 are covered with what appears to be buttons..

Any info regarding dressing up the aesthetic of the Jubilee would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Dan Thanks for the nice comments!

The metal trim around the K402 is solid 1/2" x 1" aluminum and 3/4" x 1" aluminum.

I'll post some pictures for you of the K402 build as soon as I can get some free time Dan.

mike tn[:)]

Thanks! Bill H

Hey Heinz....Thanks!

I don't know if you have noticed but I flipped the K402 upside down to use the center hole to attach a stainless steel plate with a screw and then I attached the Jubilee Logo to the plate. This also had the added benefit of masking this center hole for a more symetrical look with all the covered mounting screws.

mike tn[:)]