My Three Year "Jubilee Anniversary"

mikebse2a3

Coming from a perfectionist such as youself..... Thanks Marion!

Thebes... I want you to know every time I had a hard time with this project I would just ask myself what would Thebes do and...well...well OK...I would try my best to get that thought out of my head and think some more for the best answer...[:D]

Ok lets build some Jubilee Grilles.

My goal was to have them easily removable and held on with magnets.

I also wanted an absolute minimum of restriction of the orginal horn's mouth opening and I was successfull by only having one bottom support plate on each Grille that is 1/8" thick.[:D]

So it begins....

I decided to make them from oak and they needed to have a 10 degree angle on one side to properly fit behind the Zebrwood front panel.

post-14473-13819513243158_thumb.jpg

Now one thing to note about this style of Jubilee build is that the cross braces can be in slightly different positions and angles and sinse this is what I wanted to use for the grilles to hold onto I realised that each mount would have to be custom cut and at the time I wanted to make something that would be universal for other Jub owners that might have wanted grilles. The only problem is it is way to time consuming to make them but if someone is willing to make one piece custom pieces this does provide a very solid and rattle free mounting method.

I call these a grille mount hinge and this is how I made them.

post-14473-13819513283468_thumb.jpg