My Three Year "Jubilee Anniversary"

mikebse2a3

Incredible work Mike! You are on my list of people that I will be asking for techincal assistance when I start my Jamboree build. I may have missed it in the thread but do you have any idea what your total material cost ended up at and how many labor hours you had into your build? One other question would be if you could have had one additional tool that would have made the job easier, what would it have been?

Mike, that is very impressive!!! I didn't realize you had an industrial machine shop in your garage!!!

I'm starting an uncalled for rumor that you are making kits for this alteration to Jubilees. The best news is, you will do all of this for only $10.00!!

[Y]

Incredible work Mike! You are on my list of people that I will be asking for techincal assistance when I start my Jamboree build. I may have missed it in the thread but do you have any idea what your total material cost ended up at and how many labor hours you had into your build? One other question would be if you could have had one additional tool that would have made the job easier, what would it have been?

Thanks very much Pete.

Just in case you think these are a clone build that is not the case. These are actual Klipsch manufactured Jubilees that I have cosmetically altered.

mike tn

Thanks very much Pete.

Just in case you think these are a clone build that is not the case. These are actual Klipsch manufactured Jubilees that I have cosmetically altered.

mike tn

I didn't think they are clones but the Jamborees are a revised Jubilee and the wonderful work you've done will help me in my build. I can do anything with wood, but my metal skills are limited at this point, (did I just say I can do anything with wood[;)] LMAO) I want my build to involve many copper comonents and will rely on your skills to complete that part.

Hey Pete...funny you should mention copper because I was orginally going to use copper trim but as the project evolved the polished aluminum won out.

As far as hours involved for this project...well I eventually lost track but several hundred were spent from planning to completion. A tremendous amount of time is involved when doing the metal work with basic tools if precision fit and finish is involved.

As far as the one tool I would like to have had it would have been a milling machine.

I'll be glad to help anyway I can Pete and I'll be very interested in seeing your project.

mike tn[:)]

OK lets dress up that Jubilee LF!

My orginal goals for the Zebrawood cosmetic changes for the Jubilee were several:

(1) Absolutely must be stable and solid with no chance of rattels or other issues of this type!

(2) The Zebrawood (nearly 1" solid wood) front panel must be secured by a clamped type frame method yet allow the wood's natural need to expand and contract.

(3) The Frame must be adjustable so that I could guarantee it would lay solidly against the actual front of the Jubilee.

(4) No alterations (ie: no screws, nails, glue..etc) to the orginal Jubilee.

(5) Create a space for the grilles so that their would be no restriction of the horn mouths.

(6) I wanted the ability to change front panels if desired for a different look.

I'm very happy to report that I was able to accomplish all the above.

The main parts of the Frame were constructed of Aluminum for stability and strength.

The Frame has the ability to be shimed and thus tweeked if necessary so that it will firmly lay against the front of the Jubilee.

The Zebrawood panel being clamped tightly in the Framework by felt is very dead sounding when hit with one's knuckles and exhibits less resonances than the actual front panel of the Jubilee itself so it in reality is acting as a dampner to the front panel vibrations.

The Frame has the ability to allow the front panel to be changed with the removal of just 2 screws.

The whole structure can be installed or removed from the Jubilee in less than 10 minutes.

This Frame looks very simple to me now but it took me a lot of planning and replanning to make sure that their would be no acoustical interference and also have a high quality fit and finish. I can also see many ways to adapt several aspects of the design to simplify it (for example plywood and not solid wood front panel is used). I can also see a dressed up top panel being used in place of the Aluminum Plate across the top that I used if desired by anyone who would want to use a smaller HF section than my chosen K402.

mike tn

Aluminum stock used for the frame.

post-14473-13819513451358_thumb.jpg

This is the .5" x 12" aluminum for the Top Plate of the Frame.

The supplier I used cut these to no less than (-0") and no more than (+ .125") in length tolerance and I then used a thin wood panel to assist me in sliding the aluminum plate for squaring the ends. Note: extreme caution is needed at this step.

post-14473-13819513460586_thumb.jpg