My Three Year "Jubilee Anniversary"

mikebse2a3

I have never seen a picture of Jub's and wondered what they look like. Thanks for posting the pictures. Very nice. Are they DIY or does Klipsch make them. Are all Jub's designed the same? Is there horns on the bottom section as well? Are they real heavy? I want some.

Klipsch makes the Jubilee speakers. They are a big and complicated design that is a challenge to build for even skilled woodworkers. There's a 3-way theatre version and the 2-way home version, since most living rooms are not as big as a movie theatre screening room and don't need that extreme volume.

There have been a few detail changes for production purposes, but in effect there is only one type of home Jubilee. They are fully horn-loaded, with two 12-inch cone drivers in the bass bin and the large K402 horn for the treble with the K-69 compression driver, although the much smaller K510 treble horn is also available.

Jubilee come without crossovers and are designed to be bi-amped with active electronic crossovers. The recommended crossover is the Electro-Voice Dx38 and Klipsch will supply the lab-tested settings for the crossover. You would also need two power amps, ideally of high quality and of the same model.

The price is approximately $7000 delivered anywhere in the lower 48 states and is considered by almost everyone to be a great bargain. They're not kept in stock, so each speaker is made to order.

Just saw this, great work Mike!

For those who follow along Mike showed some pics a few months ago of his initial work on the zebrawood. I knew the top hat was in the works but not how well it would come out.

As far as what they are, if anyone asks about the top hat you can just tell them they are the holders for your special sterophonic flat screen dual tv's. The tv's are out for repairs but will be reinstalled soon.

Gotta admit, those big honkin horns scare me. I feel that if I walked by one of them a big Monty Python hand would come right out of it, grab me and pull me inside.

As far as what they are are, if anyone asks about the top hat you can just tell them they are the holders for your special sterophonic flat screen dual tv's. The tv's are out for repairs but will be reinstalled soon.

That would be especially effective if the horns had grille cloths with this image printed on them:

post-23736-13819498688676_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Gotta admit, those big honkin horns scare me. I feel that if I walked by one of them a big Monty Python hand would come right out of it, grab me and pull me inside.

In a way when you hear them it is kind of what happens. [;)]

Hey Marty

Thanks!

Marty these just look like "big honkin horns" but they are in reality Time Machines and You should hear how I can travel back in time to hear BB King, Buddy Guy, Eric Clapton, Junior Wells, Sonny Boy Williamson or Muddy Waters to name just a few who come alive in my room!

mike tn[:D]

• Moderators

Wow I didn't know you did the back also, first class. That is nice, you even replaced the stock bracket that supports the driver, with what looks like aluminum, WOW again, nice work. [*][*][*]

Nice finish or everything, how did you get that texture ? Nice color also.