My Three Year "Jubilee Anniversary"

mikebse2a3

• 2 months later...

CARY CAD-2A3i

This is a class A 2A3 push/pull integrated amplifier from Cary Audio (Dennis Had told me once that there were very few of these built..around 100 or so) that I've modified slightly for independent bias of the 2A3 output tubes to obtain absolute minimum hum and noise to drive the Jubilee LF. Jubs like Khorns will expose any noise from the amplifiers and I'm glad to say this setup is very noise free.

mike tn

post-14473-138195131053_thumb.jpg

AES SE-1 single ended 2A3 amplifier.

I use this amplifier for the K402/TAD4002.

I've also modified this amplifier for independent bias. This is an older picture but In my current pictures you will also see some aluminum heat sinks I've placed to help dissapate some heat away from the PWR Transformer and chassis area.

mike tn

post-14473-1381951310795_thumb.jpg

CARY CAD-2A3i

This is a class A 2A3 push/pull integrated amplifier from Cary Audio (Dennis Had told me once that there were very few of these built..around 100 or so) that I've modified slightly for independent bias of the 2A3 output tubes to obtain absolute minimum hum and noise to drive the Jubilee LF. Jubs like Khorns will expose any noise from the amplifiers and I'm glad to say this setup is very noise free.

mike tn

Huba-Huba Mikey. Nice front into the Jub's. Outstanding gear all the way around. Makes me proud.

IB Sloberin tc

• Moderators

Pancho is a nice looking guy BUT nothing compared to his baby pictures. That picture of him when he was a baby makes me want one every time I see it.

One question, did you change rooms for music ? I thought I remembered your room being wider, same sound treatments but the room looked wider. Great job on the Jubs, you made it tough for all the others looking to dress there's up.

Mike,

Your work is beautiful..I would love to have a step by step instructional for what you have done to the HF horn lense.

Additionally, your listening observations regarding the upgrade to the TAD driver would be greatly appreciated.

Dan

OK here goes Dan, hope you didn't give up waiting for me to post the build.

post-14473-13819513140528_thumb.jpg