Peachtree Nova integrated amp

SkipBrannigan

Hello,

I am new to this and this is my first posting. I just purchased a Peachtree Nova integrated amp for use with either my Forte IIs or La Scalas. Has anyone here had any experience with the Nova? I am also considering replacing the La Scalas with La Scala IIs just because of the ugliness of the older pair (they are painted flat black and look like they came from a fraternity house). Other than the beauty of the newer speakers does anyone have an opinion as to the La Scala IIs sounding better enough than the older La Scalas to warrant the cost of the upgrade? Thanks.

Skip,

Welcome to the forum.

Haven't heard the P Nova, but from what I read, I 'd certainly expect an excellent result with Klipsch Heritage speakers.

About what year of manufacture are your La Scalas?

The new La Scala II's do sound very good. They do sound better than the vintage LaScalas, partly because of crossing the K-55 and K77 at 4500hz, instead of 6000hz as in the vintage La Scalas. This way the K55 doesn't have to work as hard pooping out at 6000hz. I didn't ever notice the distortion before, but once I wasn't hearing it, realized it sounded better.

Also the bass is improved with the new La Scala. It is still rolls off a bit before I'd like, but that heavy bass bin is damped down so it doesn't have resonance issues like the originals.

As you have noticed, the new cabs are furniture grade and look REALLY nice.

as to whether the cost is worth the difference? Subjective of course, but the new ones are very nice, indeed.

If you've got the corners, I'm sure you'd be delighted with Khorns. They are outfitted with the same elements as the new LaScalas, too.

I'll have to check the year of manufacture. Currently they are in my basement store room and I am using the Forte IIs. I bought the La Scalas new in 1994 from the military exchange in Korea so I assume they are 1993 or so. They were floor models being closed out and have a few blemishes. I am considering Klipschorns but am uncertain as to whether my corners have enough room (they are on the short wall with a fire place in between). I started thining about the replacemnt wen I saw La Scala IIs for under $4000 new.

I have had the Peachtree for three weeks and am happy so far. It replaced a Sansui AUG-77x intgrated amp.