Klipsch RF-7s

Vonrebel

Greeting to you all.

Are Klipsch RF-7s, RS-7s,and RC-7 considered to be the very best speakers from Klipsch?

Are Klipsch speakers designed to play jazz v/s rock?

I had the RF-3II package and could not get good base at any level, not even loud volumes, So upgraded to the RF-7s. Really I would expect for the money the RF-7s would knock you back in your seat with bass. But this is not the case. The RF-7s play jazz sweet, but rock?

The RF-7s are loud but where's the BASS?

Would a better sub, like the RSW15 be worth the money?

The RS-3II and the RC-3II speakers would have probably been an so so match for the RF-7s. But only after many adjusting through the receiver.

Would the KLF been a better choice for good bass?

Maybe it something to do with the receiver

Will the Yamaha RX-V3000 be sufficient power to deliver the full potential for the following speakers?

All Monster wire, speakers, sub and AV cables

Yamaha RX-V3000 100 watts x 6

Klipsch RF-7

Klipsch RS-7

Klipsch RC-7

Velodyne LVF-1012 sub

Well, at the price, they SHOULD rock. How big is your room? For any music, a subwoofer is a GREAT thing to have. You should try to find a local dealer (NOT CC or GoodGuys) and get a in home demo of some subs, you will be impressed. To complement 4, 10" woofers, you will probably want to get a big 15" or 18" woofer. I don't think there are very many "speakers" that can give you earth-shaking" bass, but the RF-7's should give you infinite amounts of music above 40-50 Hz.

Again, get a BIG subwoofer in your house to try out, you will be very impressed with the results.

I will be right before TheEars in saying that RF-7s will kick you silly with bass when used with a big-*** high-current amp. Trust me, I listened to that setup once, and it really went deep, surprisingly deep without a sub.

However, there is no substitute for a good subwoofer. No speaker can come close to the bass reproduction a good sub unit can offer.

------------------

http://members.fortunecity.com/sebdavid - go laugh at my crappy website/equipment

http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Sebdavid - go laugh at my puny little DVD collection

The RF7's reproduce bass ACCURATELY.

If you want pumped up, bloated, artificial sounding bass you won't find it with the RF7.

I had my hooked up to a Bryston and although it was very tight - it was not exaggerated.

I actually find the somewhat, slightly loose bass from a tube amp more pleasing - but that's me.

Looks like you're doing HT and will be using the sub anyways. However - to keep up with those RF7's you will probably find one sub will not do.

------------------

deanG

This message has been edited by deang on 03-01-2002 at 10:42 PM

So is my receiver large enough to drive the RF-7s and the RC-7,RS-7????????

HAVE TO say the RF-7 produce music exceptionally clean, clear and detailed. Very pleasing to the ears, recomending them without pause. The RF-7 package set up is worth every cent.

Sounds as though I am getting soild bass from the RF-7's and in order to get more bass, change the CD to one with more recorded bass or add a bigger sub.

hummmm?

I am broke now, no money left. So the bigger sub will have to wait. Ha ha haa Smile.gif

Guess I'll buy a different CD's for now.

Your Yamahammer receiver will work just fine.

To get your setup to the next level you would need to go with separates. To do this for multi-channel would require a substantial investment.

------------------

deanG

Thanks to you all,

The info from you all it greatly appreciated.

I was very pleased to read the Yamaha RX-V3000 receiver will deliver. Also that the RF-7s are spoke of with such high respect. For me they sound great, I like good bass as well as clarity. It's work putting together a system.

I figured separates might be the next step up,

as well as purchasing a bigger sub would proof to be a benifit.

Since just recently purchasing the RF-7 package , along with the receiver, not surprising I am and will be pennyless for a while.

BUT I HAVE GOOD KLIPSCH SPEAKERS!!! and RECEIVER. and will enjoy every note.

Hey, can Anybody spare some loose change?????? $$$$ ha ha haaa hee hee heeee.

Yamaha RX-V3000 100watts x 6

KLIPSCH RF-7S

KLIPSCH RS-7S

KLIPSCH RC-7

VELODYNE VLF 1012

DVD SONY DVP-NS400D

CD TECHNICS SL-PG300

and my old Altec A-7s, which can easily keep up with the RF-7s but lack a tid bit of clarity.