Are You Buying Audio Stuff now?

russ69

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so bad I had to pass on a beautiful set of Walnut LaScala's 2 weeks ago that were only $1000 Canadian!

What were you thinking?!? My very average black La Scalas were $1200 three years ago in Victoria, and that was after bargaining down from the asking price of $1400 plus tax. Recessions come and go, but you keep La Scalas for a long time.

As for me, I spent a lot last year doing the JubScala conversion, which involved buying a pair of 510 tweeters, a Dx38 and a second power amp, so this year all I have planned to buy are some Heresy III kits for my Heresy IIs.

I'm not Polly-Anna-ish about money. We all have the issue of income and feeding the monsters of fixed overhead every month --- least they eat us..

OTOH, all of us probably have weeks or months worth of low cost-no cost tweeking and fooling around to catch up with.

Wm McD

It's tough all over on both sides.

I've lost out on some great deals and even at heavy discounts, not moving pieces that used to have too many people after.

It's so bad I had to pass on a beautiful set of Walnut LaScala's 2 weeks ago that were only $1000 Canadian!

Oh the pain!

In Canada?

Which coast?

Where!!!!???? [;)]

What were you thinking?!? My very average black La Scalas were $1200 three years ago in Victoria, and that was after bargaining down from the asking price of $1400 plus tax. Recessions come and go, but you keep La Scalas for a long time.

As for me, I spent a lot last year doing the JubScala conversion, which involved buying a pair of 510 tweeters, a Dx38 and a second power amp, so this year all I have planned to buy are some Heresy III kits for my Heresy IIs.

I was thinking I didn't have $1000 and that I would have a few people I owe, somewhat upset if I got those before paying them.

Time tough and while doing what you love is rewarding, it tends to leave unpaid bills including this "Bill".

Well, if they are the ones on CAM, then they are older La Scala and not La Scala II, and they are stained Raw Birch rather than veneered.

In english it was meant to read "LaSala's, two weeks ago", not Lascala II's. Forgot the comma.

Wellllllll EXCUSEZ MOI!!!!LOL

I am a ply guy, so the new models using MDF, may sound a little better, but even without budget restrictions, don't make me drool much.

I did see the pair on CAM, but this was a different set and a offline sale.

I also recently suffered the effects of extolling the virtures of Klipsch to customers, when one of the regulars that would have normaly resold them to me, scored a pair of Belle's for a deal and is enjoying them with Crites mods to add to my pain.