Are You Buying Audio Stuff now?

russ69

LOL! It looks so obvious now. I don't know how I misread that as La Scala 2. First it would have been II and not 2, and the apostrophe-s was obvious. We see what we want to see!

Good price for nice La Scala's in Canada... Great price.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL! It looks so obvious now. I don't know how I misread that as La Scala 2. First it would have been II and not 2, and the apostrophe-s was obvious. We see what we want to see!

Good price for nice La Scala's in Canada... Great price.

So remember guys ....."the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe" [:D][:D][:D]

It's tough all over on both sides.

I've lost out on some great deals and even at heavy discounts, not moving pieces that used to have too many people after.

It's so bad I had to pass on a beautiful set of Walnut LaScala's 2 weeks ago that were only $1000 Canadian!

Oh the pain!

They never made walnut la scalas, right? All birch (or pro) I think. Mighta been walnut stain...

recently aquired new speakers ( zu def pros ) but other than that not really buying any gear i am trying to conserv and save what little i have although if the right deal came up ????????? i have bought some vinyl though not much

Happy Retirement.......................i strive to reach that some day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe

Not buying anything but the occasional LP at the thrift store. My systems are pretty much where I am happy with them.

I am selling off other things and giving away still others (just gave a sail boat to my father, ya it need a little work but it is good to go right now, just pretty up a bit) I am trying to cut down and cut back.

The fact that we just flooded our kitchen with a water leak and totaled the hard wood floors and damaged the bottom of the cabbinets does not help things either, yes the insurance company is paying.... very well but there is still the hastle factor. All for a cheeply made $3 brass fitting![:@]

No worries PSG, I haven't visited your Country to the east of me in years, maybe once I get my passport renewed.Wink

Hey we'll not all separatists you know!

Speak for yourself, it goes both ways you know!

Only joking mon ami, just a long running joke with some Franco Frog Salopards I know.LOL

Acadian girls are a whole 'nuther story and I have a very warm spot in my pantalons for them.

We always watch our money pretty well and have in many ways been trying to take advantage of the downturn. I look everyday for good deals and when I come across them I try to take it.

Withing the last 7- 9 months I have gotten a Mint Aragon Stage One and an Aragon 2005 amp for 500 bucks (boxes and all). I bought a Pair of RS 7's and an RC 7 in excellent condition for 600 bucks (with boxes) another pair of RF 5's for 200 bucks. A Pair of RF 7's for 700 bucks. 2 APC units for 99 bucks.

We recently bought my wife a new car last november and I recently bought a motorcycle. This is all after being furloughed from the rail road.

I figure if I fold head over A* Hole at least it will happenn during these times and people will look back and say well it was tough and so did 800 million other people. I'm still young and maybe stupid but I've got 1 life. And if I don't do it now I may never do it or maybe never have a chance again to do it.

Probably my best Score this year. Saw a pair of Welborne Laurel 300b monoblocks on Ebay with a Buy it now price for $750. - I snagged them immediately. The guy that sold them probably got them at an estate sale, as he could could have gotten twice that much! - He did not know anything about these amps. But he still probably made a huge profit! This is what will happen when we die. Our stuff will be sold off for a dime on the dollar by our widows etc. etc. - Got me thinking - someone is going to make a haul when I croak !!

Get this - They had a pair of Western Electric 300b tubes in them that I can sell for $800 - So I basically got FREE amps!!! These amps were in Pristine condition. And they also had the highly desired Magnequest transformers. I got the orginal paperwork and they were built from a kit by a Dentist. The wiring and soldering looks as precise as Dental Work, so I won't have to re-work them at all! - They sound mighty mighty fine - The best 300b amps I've ever heard! - they complete my collection of Welborne Amps. I have 45 Starchiefs, 2a3 Moondogs and now the 300B Laurels !!

Here is a picture of one of the Monoblocks - I think Ron Welborne went broke making quality products like these. He doesn't make them any more.

WelborneLaurel.jpg

Working on getting the Wadia i-Transport for my EAD DSP DAC and trying my best to keep Seti from jumping on every deal he sees out there[:o] LOL

I told him if he thinks he is seeing sweet deals right now just give it another year and the market is going to be flooded with even sweeter deals, hoping to pick up a Max type analog rig when that time comes as I've been packing rubles away here and there for that one[:D]

I'm pretty pumped about having a new car after 14 years[:P]

I saw those pop up and that the price was great. I didn't know they were WE. Don't sell listen to those tubes : )

The deal that really had me chomping at the bit was the George Wright Signature Series preamp. $750!!! I think it is still available. http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?preatube&1255591617&/George-Wright-AG-1000-signature The only thing that stopped me was my Garrard 301 project is nearing completion and I need the funds to finish. Who knows prices could get even better. If you need a good preamp George Wrights are tops.