Are You Buying Audio Stuff now?

russ69

So far this year- k horns- 2 pair Lascalas-peach2-tube amps-2 cd players - sony blueray player-TT-Tercell- Sub-2 mac preamps-and a bunch of music. ALso a tahoe and several guns- still need a good set of tube monoblocs. Now i am cashed out and missing good deals.can't have them all.

The deals are there for those with cash. My stuff would have cost double 2 years ago.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys,

My financial situation has changed recently (I had to retire) so I'm not buying as much gear or recordings. Is everybody cutting back or are some of you guys ramping up?

Thanx, Russ

My financial situation seemed to have changed the other way. <cha-CHING!!> [H]

Anyway, in terms of audio (beside constantly buying and/or downloading new music - how I so looooove eMusic!), I've bought a fairly modest system destined for the new deck. A pair of the AWR-650 "rock" speakers and a Denon DRA-397 stereo reciever to power them. The sources will be my old Sharp CD player and one of the outputs from my music server (the thing has four outputs). Nothing fancy, but do I really need anything to terribly fancy for out on the deck? It is certainly good enough to serve up some tunes while out there with the BBQ. I did rig it up in my basement to test it out and it does sound really nice. Who would've thought that a couple of rocks could sound so good? The only problem is is that <insert a whole string of cuss words> deck has not been built yet! (supposed to been done in MAY!!) That is a long story in itself - the Readers Digest of it is that my contractor pretty much bit off more than he can chew and now is FINALLY getting caught up in his projects - mine will hopefully be within the next week or two - geez - try to get some $30K worth of work done on this place.... [:@] ) The guy is genuinely afraid that I am about ready to haul his *** to court! I'd rather not go there as I just simply want to get this project that I am paying for to get finished.

Beyond that, I am hoping that I can build out my downstairs two channel rig some more in the near future. Does seem plenty of great deals are showing up on some gear. May be tempted to jump on one of those Cambridge Azure 650Cs for the $375 that I've been hearing about. Would go with the Azure 640A integrated amp that I already have there.

I should learn to sell more and buy less. I am still picking up items from time to time. Recent purchases include a set of Gradient SW-63 dipole subs for my Quad ESL-63s and a Thorens TD-124 turntable with ESL S-2000 tonearm. I feel fortunate to have a job right now, given the terrible economy. It is sad to hear so many stories about people losing benefits, jobs, homes, etc.

Thinking seriously about a Sophia Music Baby amp for a foray into tubes. Any comments. I have stifled the impulse to run out and buy anything I think is a good deal. Just flat running out of room-and I've got 3 systems going! I guess I'm finally becoming a little more disciplined. Darn tough when you're a Klipschaholic!

Guys,

My financial situation has changed recently (I had to retire) so I'm not buying as much gear or recordings. Is everybody cutting back or are some of you guys ramping up?

Thanx, Russ

Just purchased some decorator cornwalls. That's all I've added to my home stereo system in the past 3 or 4 years.

post-12381-13819498969764_thumb.jpg

Guys,

Thanx, Russ

Just purchased some decorator cornwalls. That's all I've added to my home stereo system in the past 3 or 4 years.

Wow, Very nice Gilbert! Those are beautiful, thanks for sharing![Y]

Dennie

Well Congrats on your retirement, atleast you can retire versus many people due to the economy have to find other jobs or get out of retirement.

As for me and buying audio stuff now, its a tentative maybe. If the price is really too good and something I wanted but other than that no