what center should i be looking at?

Uts

i just bought a pair of RF-62's about 2-3 weeks ago, and i have to say that they are great. i bought them mostly for HT, but find myself listening to more music while i'm hanging out at the house (i forgot how music was supposed to sound at home [:D] )

my question is, which center should i go with, the RC-52 or 62 ? i know i'd be better served by going with the 62, but i really dont know where i'd put it. the room is fairly open with 3 windows, so i dont really have a place to mount anything. i know it's not the monster the rc-64 is, but it's still pretty huge.

would the 52 be a terrible choice? would i be doing myself a disservice by going this route ?

any input would be great!

thanks,

Bill

well i guess i can either buy a different tv stand with room to put it, or i can build some kind of box to put the RF-62 in, and place my tv on top of that.

i measured & my stand has just enough room to fit the 52 below my TV. that's why i'm trying to decide on which option to roll with.

you guys know your stuff, that's why i value your opinions [;)]

thanks,

Bill

well, i cant find my camera at the moment, so this is something pretty similar i found. http://www.tvstands.com/Home-Styles-5531-12-HO1444.html

i have a 46 Sharp LCD on top & a window right above where the tv is sitting. the middle shelve is just wide enough to fit the RC-52(18-20in wide if i remember correctly), and it doesnt have adjustable heights.

Nice Cal[;)] , i guess i should have seen that one coming.

An RC-62 will handle the weight of your Sharp LCD just fine. I know of many people who have their center speaker sitting on top of their TV stand and then their TV on top of the speaker. Lots of benefits of doing that, including having the center speaker closer to the same height as the front main speakers, and also allowing you more center speakers to choose from.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for the great advice Wuzzer. i finally decided to go with the RC-62. the TV will be setting on top of it(with a few inches to spare). i had to take advantage of the sweet deal i got on 6ave. i also decided to go with a new receiver as well. i ended up picking up the yamaha 665. i wanted to get something with enough HDMI inputs & something that had preouts. i'll be using my old sub from my sony HTIB.

thanks again,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

I just received these yesterday. it was like they couldnt get here fast enough [:D]

while i havent listened to much yet, i did make it a point to pop in my copy of the new Beatles Rockband game. if anyone has picked it up, the opening of the game has a SWEET soundtrack. bits & pieces of a bunch of songs put together. i had it cranked up & was in awe! sounded so good.

My wife told me many of times, "i could care less", or "it all sounds the same to me". then i played the beginning of the game for her a few minutes ago. she turned to me with a big smile, and said it sounded way better.

personally i wasnt sure how big of a difference the new RC-62 & the yam 665 would make. i can now say that i am VERY happy with my choices .the 665 actually gets my RF-62's bumping. my way older sony just wasnt getting the job done. it just took a change to realize how bad the other sound actually was.

i want to give you guys a big thanks for helping me out, and answering all of my questions. without your advice, i wouldnt have pulled the trigger on any of my recent purchases.

THANKS!

Bill