Greek audiophiles again

seti

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PSG,, Class ?????? I can eat my spaghetti with a spoon can you ????

It's sad really. And here I thought you'd see your prior error in judgement and apologize. Guess not. You truly lack any class when you can't even see it when pointed out to you. Ignoring the thread and moving on would have been bettrer than that reply.

KT88,

Nice setup and thanks for the kind offer. Glad you enjoyed the movie- I think you would fit right in with the ACA.

We are all mad - but madness can be fun. Do you ever get to listen to those old Rodgers anymore? That was the sound I grew up with in the UK. Amazing image size / speaker size ratio - just not enough power handling for the low sensitivity.

It's sad really. And here I thought you'd see your prior error in judgement and apologize. Guess not. You truly lack any class when you can't even see it when pointed out to you. Ignoring the thread and moving on would have been bettrer than that reply.

So glad you got that off your chest PSG[:|] Must be French Canadian[:o] You will have a more harmonius life if you don't take others bragging personally[;)]

As you can see I prefer the little emoticons to punctuations[<:o)]

So glad you got that off your chest PSGIndifferent Must be French CanadianSurprise You will have a more harmonius life if you don't take others bragging personallyWink

As you can see I prefer the little emoticons to punctuationsParty!!!

One may bragg without putting others down.

I doubt that only French Canadians found his comment rude and offensive, and it also has nothing to do with my comment. Or do you always discriminate based on origin?

So glad you got that off your chest PSGIndifferent Must be French CanadianSurprise You will have a more harmonius life if you don't take others bragging personallyWink

As you can see I prefer the little emoticons to punctuationsParty!!!

One may bragg without putting others down.

I doubt that only French Canadians found his comment rude and offensive, and it also has nothing to do with my comment. Or do you always discriminate based on origin?

Well not based on all the other replies, this is usually a friendly place and we have all been posting with Maron for a long time and IMO he was not trying to be rude as much as funny but I guess we all take things differently.

Knowing your Avatar says Canada and also knowing how the French think Americans are pompous I could only assume from your distaste with his comment you may very well be[8-)]

You sure seem agitated about it? I know I don't discriminate against braggers or those who fail to meet mine, yours or their standard of grammer and punctuation[;)]

I do hope your day improves[:D]

Dear Max

what happend to the site of your club?

http://www.aca.gr

It seems to be down, at least for the moment. Could be cool to become a member - and meet audiophile friends under the greek sun.

I like to listen to the Rogers LS5/9. I had ordered custom tailored stands from my friend Les Wong, Walrus Hifi in London two years ago without bankrupting my account balance...

http://www.walrus.co.uk/main/main.htm

The stands are made by a company/man named somethingsolid

http://www.noteworthyaudio.co.uk/Speaker_Stands.html - I have the model of stands when you scroll down this site.

I had to order new french tweeters made by Audax (happily this specific units are back in production).

Great stuff. I could compare my Rogers with the newer Harbeth M30 in a friendly shop. The Rogers were superb in comparison which I think has to do with the better SPL balance between bass and tweeter at crossover frequency compared to the smaller tweeters built in at the more modern Harbeth, makes better sound to the Rogers regardless to the up to date material of the Harbeth woofer´s cone (Radial).

Here is a interesting link regarding the development of the Rogers LS5/9 (for all you guys who are interested in audiophile history):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/pubs/reports/1983-10.pdf

It is mad to see the investments the BBC did by heart and pure interests in science in comparison to some other stupid hifi brands which are only motivated by making profit and good marketing.

The (very only) downside I see is that the Rogers LS5/9 has a very strict and consequent loose of bass energy below let´s say 50 hz. Therefore I miss a little bit the warmth and ground, i.e. a Spendor BC1 can offer. The Spendor BC1 takes 40 hz which is around the deep e-string of a bass (and that is where the Jubilees are happily also in the game - and more deeper). But in all other regards, the Rogers is quite superior against the Spendor BC1 or SP1 - in my opinion.

And to keep the church in the village, a German saying, free (and may be wrong translated), the Rogers is made for exactly those smaller rooms where the Jub cannot enter and vice versa - a good complement.

Regards,
Heinz

Well not based on all the other replies, this is usually a friendly place and we have all been posting with Maron for a long time and IMO he was not trying to be rude as much as funny but I guess we all take things differently.

Knowing your Avatar says Canada and also knowing how the French think Americans are pompous I could only assume from your distaste with his comment you may very well beRoll-eyes

I guess a curmudgeonly sense of humour is still a sense of humour, even when it seems rude and condescending.

Also, people in Quebec are Canadians and have about as much in common with people in France as Australians have in common with people in England.

Knowing your Avatar says Canada and also knowing how the French think Americans are pompous I could only assume from your distaste with his comment you may very well beRoll-eyes

I guess a curmudgeonly sense of humour is still a sense of humour, even when it seems rude and condescending.

Also, people in Quebec are Canadians and have about as much in common with people in France as Australians have in common with people in England.

[Y]

Anyway, I'm out of this thread.