This Section Is Too Quiet

Jay481985

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Quite quiet indeed.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to chime in...just bought myself two Peerless XXLS 10CWs that are currently on buyout at PE:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=299-238

They'll be replacing my DD 1508 in my car later this month after I'm done with finals. I hope it's worth it. Still not sure what size box to put them in. Tymphany doesn't really say and the only thing I can find is from Madisound's old page (they're sold out of those drivers apparently) that recommends

"1/2 to 3/4 Cubic Foot Sealed Box with 50% pillow stuffing

1.2 Cubic Foot with 3" diameter Vent by 9" long, 20% stuffing"

So that's really all I got to work by. Oh well, I'll figure it out after my tests...

And by the way, NICE cans you got there Ear. I got some HD555s and love them, I can only imagine how awesome the HD800s are. They're supposed to be the best in the world...

Darkside,

Peerless XXLS's are great drivers if you are looking for SQ first. Two of these 10" should have plenty of output for any music listening at sane levels.

The HD800 is the third best headpone in the world,after the Orpheus and a STAX SR-007 Mk2/SRM-007 tII. I am on my way to get the STAX,the Orpheus well I am not ready to shell the moolah,yet.

And by the way, NICE cans you got there Ear. I got some HD555s and love them, I can only imagine how awesome the HD800s are. They're supposed to be the best in the world...

Yeah. Dig the fancy packaging! I too have a pair of HD555's that I use at work. Can't imagine how the HD800's would sound, being better by a count of 245 and all. [:P]

Yeah Ear, if you ever feel like you absolutely have to rid yourself of a dreaded subwoofer, I'd be glad to take one or a few off your hands [:)]

Twenty plus cans eh? They all full circumaural or just whatever you felt getting? And IMO it's not entirely fair to compare a standalone pair of 'phones like the 800s to a full assembly like the Orephus, though I guess you could if you really wanted to. You know where to get one anyways? They're not exaclty readily available...

• 1 month later...

Finally had the time tomake adjustments to the box and put the hurricane nuts and stuff in. The box is made sans paint job but it seems to work well enough. The PRs move against the tc lms 4000, well as good as a 18 volt dewalt battery can tell me. I don't have the amp with me, left it at school.

• 2 weeks later...

One hour in I got a noise complaint but the resident assistant was jaws dropped he was like whatever lol.

He received a text from someone that said "Someone is playing music O.D. loud" this was only 200 watts of power on a crown xti 1000.

Wait till the EP4000 comes.

Never ever use UPS. I was told I was allowed to pick up a package. They lied and sent me to another center claiming it was there. At that center, they told me to **** off, its already on the truck and we do not take packages off the truck. Mind you, I called UPS customer service and the order was put in two hours before for me to pick up and was authorized by a supervisor. I was told first to wait 15 minutes. Then they told me to literally **** off and get out of the center 45 minutes later.