New Jubilees (KHJ-DCR 001 and 002) Finally Set Up and Running!!!!

• Moderators
Well I finally got around to getting my DCR Jubilles set up, with a lot of help. The DCR KPT-KHJ bass bins are made of African Mahogany, I wanted them in a more exotic finish grade wood because the way my room is situated the first thing you see when you come in is the entire right side of the right speaker.
I ordered them about last Feb. or March ('08), Roy Delgado had to pull many strings and go an extra country mile to get these done in exotic plywood and I can not thank him enough. In order to do this he had to redo the cut list (step by step instructions for production team) several times. They are normally 3/4" ply painted in textured black paint and so the existing cut list did not take into account wood grain or other cosmetic factors. In addition, Roy wanted to change the bracing to make it stiffer, and some other minor changes. I'm not sure, but I think there were a couple of "prototypes" that were done before mine were finalized, and mine were built and arrived at the house in around March of this year, where they sat in my garage up until now, much to my wife's chagrin.
Eric (SynthFreak) and Luther (Wardsweb) came over yesterday evening to help me get them up the stairs and all hooked up. MeLovesKHorns was on call delivering babys so he missed out on the fun. I was opening the boxes in great anticipation to see if those boxes really contain what they said they contain. As you can see from the posted photos they did in fact contain what they were supposed to.
There are a lot of settings to enter on the EV DX-38 crossover, but Eric is a Pro and had everything entered by 11 p.m. and music was rolling. Eric wen home about 2 a.m. and Luther and I listend until about 4 a.m. What incredible sound, I feel so dumb for missing out on this quality while they sat for 5 months. I will be getting the bass bins finished over Labor Day, and the 402 horns will be finished at a friend of Luther's who owns a hign end automotive finish company.
Here are some photos to show the process.

Travis

post-15134-13819499011984_thumb.jpg

Travis, you must have been really busy in order to not even open the boxes for five months. That's like waiting until May to open your Christmas gifts. I couldn't have done it. Even Curlie looks surprised that you waited so long.

Those bass bins are really pretty. I'm sure they'll dress up whatever room you put them in.

So they sound as good as you hoped? It sounds like you're really pleased. Keep the pix and impressions coming.

Gorgeous!!

You really should be whipped for waiting so long but hey... it's been a good while since we've had a Jubilee thread.

Everyone got your seatbelts on?

Music

well I am glad I got on this one early, cause all the other ones are so long I don't have time to set down and read word for word. Very nice lookin Jubs!!!

Well I finally got around to getting my DCR Jubilles set up, with a lot of help...There are a lot of settings to enter on the EV DX-38 crossover, but Eric is a Pro and had everything entered by 11 p.m. and music was rolling...

Isn't it cool that the Dx38 settings set you up, essentially right out of the box?

I assume that the wife was sitting up all night listening - right?

Chris