New Jubilees (KHJ-DCR 001 and 002) Finally Set Up and Running!!!!

I can't believe you already have cute little stuffed animals in the bins

His gameplan is sinister....

1. Wife puts fluffy animals inside bass bin on the 'shelves'

2. He goes along with it

3. Later on, the bins get stained

4. Fluffly animals get used as stain applicators

5. Fluffy animials that got bypassed as stain applicators are used for stain wipe up

6. Wife is mortified at the use of her fluffy animals

7. Travis states that legally, he's allowed to do that since she placed them in there and what else was he supposed to think they were to be used for? (you have to think it can be difficult at times, being married to an attorney??)

8. Wive never EVER again, tries to place anything on his new speakers.

Problem solved

I can't believe you already have cute little stuffed animals in the bins. Sacrilige!

Awesome. Yes to garnet.

Actually once I put grills on there, there will no longer be accessable "shelves" to sit anything on.

That drives me crazy!!!! At least they don't stack cds there.

• Like 1

OK WAIT - did you see how close he is sitting to those monsters? My ears are still ringing from Coytees Jubs, and I was sitting twice as far away - I am still enjoying the sonic exfoliation, truly.

Looking marvelous - I am still working on my own set...I have a feeling that Thump will not be interested in doing any more exotics, am I right? I was thinking Bubinga...(just kidding)...

Bruce

• Moderators

You should consider cutting the flanges off the horns before you have them painted.

Greg

Hmmmm, now there is an idea, now sure how that would work, or how it would look, but smaller is the first thing that comes to mind. I will have to look into that, thanks for the suggestion

• Moderators

Looking marvelous - I am still working on my own set...I have a feeling that Thump will not be interested in doing any more exotics, am I right? I was thinking Bubinga...(just kidding)...

Uh it is Roy, or Blue Berry Boy, or BobCaw Boy that can help you with Jubes, I don't think Professor Thump has any involvement in Jubes, but I may be wrong on that. Roy said he won't ever do another exotic plywood pair again, but as a result they will now veneer the center front panel which was not an option before. I believe that there are a number of wood choices that are possible for that center panel, and if their vendor stocks Bubinga veneer then it would probaby be an option. Kudret was the first person to get his with the venner option and it came out very nice looking. I beleive there is a thread on it with photos, but I will try and post a photo here, unless Kudret beats be to it.

You should give Roy a call, you won't be sorry.

Travis

OK WAIT - did you see how close he is sitting to those monsters? My ears are still ringing from Coytees Jubs, and I was sitting twice as far away - I am still enjoying the sonic exfoliation, truly.

Perhaps this was his mowing the yard volume [:|]

Travis,

that all looks very fantastic. Thanks for sharing the pictures. It is interesting to see and it also makes me happy how much potential the Jubs have to offer for personal optical refinings.

If you see the whole spread of realisations, if as "industrial looking tool" when keeping them raw and black, which is cool in it´s own way, or as highly revised and very seriously high grade looking speakers with amazing results as realized through MikeTN´s version, or in the way to get the bass bin raw and unpainted as you did, which I like personally also very much. It adds a kind of warmth to the Jubs presentation at least in a living room where it might have to share your other needs or other peoples needs. And it reminds me on my LaScalas optical presentation (birch raw). The idea to paint the K402 with high grade automotive laq is so cool, I am among others very nosy to see your approach after finishing the paint shop, fitting to your personal taste and environment.

Travis, do you mean this German company?

http://www.acapella.de/img/Sphaeron.jpg