New Jubilees (KHJ-DCR 001 and 002) Finally Set Up and Running!!!!

Just saw this thread.................WOW......those are special. Congrats. BIG TIME. [:D]

Edit: I keep looking at the picture of that Jub and it makes want to say that I have never seen a prettier factory horn from Klipsch. Travis, you probably have the best they've ever done right there.........at least in my opinion. I'm blown away with them raw just as they are. The newer style cuts and all. Just amazing. Awesome. Can't say enough. [*][*][*][*][*]

• Like 1

• Moderators

Real, really, really nice!

Take some after pictures!!!

Sorry about that, I have been listening for 24 hours straight, NO [bs]. So I'm winding down, big day at work tomorrow, so here are so with the speakers in place. The DCR bass bins are still raw and will be finished over Labor Day weekend with Luther's help. The 402 horns are raw as well and those will be finished with high grade german auto Laq just like the those high dollar german horns are done (the ones that go for over 100K, name escapes me right now). I'm not sure of a color yet, maybe deep burgandy, Luther suggested garnet.

I will post more photos after when each phase is done.

Here is the first of a few more.

post-15134-13819499176166_thumb.jpg

Travis,

They look gorgeous! You have raised the bar for the rest of us.

On a serious note, some of us suggested that the horn be painted candy apple red or maybe have flames painted on the side. It looks like you have chosen ignore our thoughtful suggestions (insert smiley ...)

Sorry, I can't help it. When I was growing up I lived nearby "cruise night" on Whittier Blvd. For those of you familiar with that (or your own local version), you know what I am talking about ...

Enjoy those beauties,

-Tom

• Moderators

Looking good, now you can see how big that projector screen really is. I would bet when the Jubs are done and oiled they will probably be close to the color of the frame around the screen.

I know it sounds good and looking at those pictures it must sound like a wall of sound the way the Jubs can fill a room with sound. To me that 402 horn does not sound like a horn, it is very open and not the normal horn sound, could be the size I don't know but I love that openness.

After they are finished and everything is where it will stay we need some more pic's, I think you will also have the only painted 402's also, that should look cool, that color sound nice also.

I can attest to the fact that these are saweet right out of the box. Even with some rough dial in and placement. These will only get better.

By the way, the next time a buddy asks you to help setup some speakers, you might ask if he has stairs. My arms still hurt from making sure I ripped a bicep before dropping the base bins.

I think I'm a little jealous. I may be spending more time at Travis' from now on.

• Like 1