JVC wheres the love??

oldenough

I recently tossed my '72 JVC integrated, 35wpc. It was very nice, but I had some issues with it and I couldn't track down fixes. It even had circuits on plug in cards with edge connectors, whcih I thought was pretty cool for such an old piece. The phone section was nice on it too. I hated to let it go, but I didn't need something else around here to fix.... someday.

Bruce

I like my JVC CRT TV.

My brother had a JVC CRT that had an amazing picture. I think JVC was known for their TVs, but it seems their quality audio gear is snubbed in favor of the more popular brands. JVC made some fine quality turntables that hardly get noticed today and my brother had this tape deck: http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-VINTAGE-JVC-CD-1970-STEREO-CASSETTE-DECK-W-ANRS_W0QQitemZ250488750259QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVintage_Electronics_R2?hash=item3a524b00b3&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_2242wt_962 A great deck in its day and very pretty. I especially like the way the cassette was placed up on the mechanism on an angle rather than slid into the door... more precise I would guess than relying on a flimsy door. As nice as that deck was, I was still disappointed when I compared it to my entry level Nakamichi which was a much better performer. No affiliation with the eBay auction.

I have the same AX-5 amp.It's is rated at a modest 70 wpc.It really sounds good with Klipsch.I would sell mine for $150 if any have interest.

Any other time I would snap that up in a heart-beat....I just want one of the front panel hinges. Any one thinking about this amp won't be too disappointed, and that 75wpc IS modest. If comments on the internet are to be believed it doubles that @ 4 Ohms. Mine has been driving my La Scalas all day out on the deck and the NAD amp won't be going back.

I have a JVC A-S5 integrated.

So Mike how do you feel it performs?? Thats a nice looking piece as well, obvious styling cues between the two of them.

It sounds pretty good, really. Kinda neutral, but not too harsh. But not too warm and fuzzy, either. I don't know the power rating, but it is plenty with Klipsch.

It doesn't sound good on my Lascalas, but sounds good on my Cornwalls and other speakers. What I like is the reliability. I beat on this integrated every day, and it doesn't break. And it has the classic aluminum faceplate look.

I paid 5 bucks for it way back when. I recapped a few spots, but need to do some more.

i've got a ql-y66f turntable that i bought new back in the early eighties that still functions as new and sounds pretty darn good too. i've thought about replacing it from time to time but i can't find anything better without spending a boatload of cash.

best regards, sam [H]

I've got a 60wpc JVC integrated amp that I bought brand new in '75 or '76. It'll put most 100 wpc receivers to shame in sq and slam. The only thing that I've had to do to it is clean the contacts on the tape dub switch and volume pot. It's still in use today in my son's room.

I bought a bunch of these for some properties I built a while back:

jvc-ex-a1.138823.jpg

This is the JVC EX-A1 - the first system to used wood for the cones (soaked in Saki apparently). Tiny little thing - great sound. Volume is a bit limited - which suits my needs very well - but otherwise they can create an astonishing soundstage from speakers smaller than just about anything Klipsch make outside of headphones.

So put me down as a fan of JVC in audio.