Ported Heresy Project.

Guest David H

Guest David H

Does anyone have info on a ported Heresy design? I picked up a full set of drivers for a Heresy project, I may integrate one of my Fastrac horns or build another suitable for a Heresy.

Thanks, Dave Harris.

Guest David H

Here are some numbers posted by DrWho in 2005.

So I calculate the internal volume of the tangent to be around 3.4 cubic feet.
With a K-22 E (heresy I woofer) you would need two 4" flared ports of length 8" (42Hz tuning)
With a K-24 K (heresy II woofer) you would need one 4" flared port of length 7" (31Hz tuning)
But you get almost identical slopes with either configuration.

Let me run some numbers to see if I can find a passive radiator that would work well too...

Guest David H

The Tangent 400 used all standard H2 parts. The 2 ports are 9 1/2 inches up from the base. They are 5 inches deep with a 3 inch diamater.

Bob

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. I have not decided what route I am going to take with this project, but I will keep this thread updated.

Gothover,

The Tangent 400 is a heresy on steroids.

The pro versions of the Heresy do have ports, but still have the limitations of cab volume.

I'm glad you found that info posted by DRWho. I have searched for that recently but could not find it.

If you come up with an appropriate PR I'd sure be interested to know what would work.

If you come up with an appropriate PR I'd sure be interested to know what would work.

Will do. What is PR?

Passive Radiator instead of open ports.

A buddy of mine got a set of Tangent 400's at my nudging.

To me they sounded a little boomier than I would like but I think part of that could have been due to more flex in the 400 cabs than in my (modified) H1's.

But it's a tangent, not quite a Heresy, as the Heresy is 2.1 cubic feet

It's hard to break some of the laws of physics. The Tangent 400 IS a larger Heresy II. Even the crossover is labeled as HII The original Tangent 400 cabinet isn't very solid, but building your own from some nice ply woud go a LONG way toward solving that.

Bruce

• Like 1

But it's a tangent, not quite a Heresy, as the Heresy is 2.1 cubic feet

It's hard to break some of the laws of physics. The Tangent 400 IS a larger Heresy II. Even the crossover is labeled as HII The original Tangent 400 cabinet isn't very solid, but building your own from some nice ply woud go a LONG way toward solving that.

Bruce

When are we building yours?

What would happen if you put the HIII upgrade kit in a Tangent 400 style box instead of the HII box?

Does anyine have info on a ported Heresy design? I picked up a full set of drivers for a Heresy project, I may integrate one of my Fastrac horns or build another suitable for a Heresy.

Thanks, Dave Harris.

HIP= Heresy Industrial Ported pair for sale on ebay right now

When are we building yours?

I intend to start the build in the next couple weeks, still need to come up with a crossover. I may need to build the crossover from scratch as well. I may also try and incorporate one of my Fastrac horns in to the build, my plan is to build these in pro fasion. Metal Grills Rat Fur etc.