Wanting to put a nice 7.1 system together.

choctaw

Since you have Klipschorns, the top of the Heritage Series, it would be logical to use Heritage speakers for the rest of your system, in order that they all be timbre matched.

For a centre, you could go with a Heresy II or III, a La Scala, a Cornwall, or a Belle.

For surround and rear surround, the choices are the same, although I've never heard of a Belle being used as a surround speaker.

It comes down to your room size and your budget. Bigger room needs bigger speakers. Bigger Heritage speakers sound better but cost more.

That seems like a short answer, but it's not really more complicated than that.

What I have: Samsung 52" lcd

Onkyo 875 receiver Acoustic Research powered sub

Panasonic blu ray

Panasonic dvr

1 pr. 1979 klipshorn corner speakers

What speakers would go well with this equipment ?

need center,middle surround, back surround

Choctaw,

First, know that matching the front three is the most important thing for your surround sound, and as previously mentioned, the LaScala is by far the prefered sound match. Another possibillity to open up placement possibilities is a split LaScala also known as a pro LaScala. The woofer bin is seperate from the high frequency section that houses the squaker and tweeter. This would allow for other possibillities such as running the voices above your TV with the Bass Bin below so your TV will be at a more comfortable watching height instead of over a single taller home LaScala. For rears, go with K-Horns if you have the corners, the room, and can afford it, then another pair of LaScalas for side surrounds. It is a good time to buy these speakers used with the present economy.

Good Luck.... Roger

You guys are giving me some nice set -ups but, I'm going to have to sell my body parts to

get these . thanks choctaw

choctaw,

Not if you are willing to look around dilligently, wait on a good price, and don't mind fixing up cosmetics.

In the last year alone, I bought a single one piece Pro LaScala in complete working order for $60. I bought and later resold here a single Oak K-Horn for $350 when I found I no longer needed it, I also passed on a single working home LaScala for $100 because I really just did not need it.

You have to watch ebay, watch craigslist and watch here on the Garage Sale section nightly, and be ready to go at the drop of a hat if you want to get a real score. You wouldn't believe some of the Pro Klipsch Speakers I have picked up this way, or the ammount I have in some of them.

See the two speakers in my avitar?? Those are TSCMs or Pro K-Horns. They have their own corner, or rear to them. They are supposed to have K-44E Pro 15 inch Woofers rated at 250 watts RMS, but I have found that many have K-33E square magnet woofers. The 400 horn on top has a K manifold with four K-55 drivers attached instead of only one like the home K-Horn. The tweeter has two K-77 tweeter drivers exiting a single throat instead of only a single K-77 tweeter. I had eleven of those Bass Bins, but sold a pair of them, so I now own nine of those Bass Bins and 5 of the high frequency sections and I have considerably less in them then a single pair of New K-Horns would cost me. For me, it has always been about the sound, and this is a no brainer.

Roger

Two or three pairs of Heresy IIs would not be that expensive, but it might take a bit of time to find them all in matching cabinet finishes.

The first two pairs would give you a 6.1 system, then you could add the last one at your convenience, although you'll likely have to buy a pair, because single Heresies are rarely seen for sale.

You guys are giving me some nice set -ups but, I'm going to have to sell my body parts to

get these . thanks choctaw

easy fix. why don't you just pick up a set of heresy 1's and have a 4.1 setup. with k-horn fronts you'll be fine without a center and wait till you can find a single lascala. you don't need 7.1 anyway.

what part of town you in mabe someone close can let you listen to their system