My klipsch speakers will be able to breath now...but need suggestion for setup

33klfan

Hello, it has been a while since i've been on here, but i'm moving soon and instead of the small room i'm in now which is 11'x10', i'll be moving and the living room is 18'x13'. My current speakers are chorus II's for the fronts, klf-c7 for the center and rs-25's for the rears. I have been using an sc-1 for rear center, but not sure to leave it out or not. So does it matter to place the speakers along the short wall or long wall. I can't seem to find this out. Either way i will keep the correct distances recommended as in the equilateral triangle and whatnot. The only short wall i can use has a fireplace and even though i may not use the fireplace i'm not sure about mounting it above the fireplace just in case i would use it at some point. I'm not as worried about the heat since there is a glass door and screen to close. I am not sure how warm it gets though above the mantel. However if i'm not placing my system there, will it matter with it being along one of the long walls? Thanks.

Hello, it has been a while since i've been on here, but i'm moving soon and instead of the small room i'm in now which is 11'x10', i'll be moving and the living room is 18'x13'. My current speakers are chorus II's for the fronts, klf-c7 for the center and rs-25's for the rears. I have been using an sc-1 for rear center, but not sure to leave it out or not. So does it matter to place the speakers along the short wall or long wall. I can't seem to find this out. Either way i will keep the correct distances recommended as in the equilateral triangle and whatnot. The only short wall i can use has a fireplace and even though i may not use the fireplace i'm not sure about mounting it above the fireplace just in case i would use it at some point. I'm not as worried about the heat since there is a glass door and screen to close. I am not sure how warm it gets though above the mantel. However if i'm not placing my system there, will it matter with it being along one of the long walls? Thanks.

33klfan,

I definately prefer long wall for two channel, but not for surround sond. Which ever you go with, propper corner placement and precise distance from said corners are critical for the Chorus, Forte', Quartet family, 45 degree angle as well on toe in.

Roger

Hmm.. about corner placement neither of the walls would i be able to get both fronts into or near a corner. There is like an island in which the walls enclose the stairway going to the basement. There is an opening on both sides of that island (wall) in the living room. I was planning on putting my setup along that wall. The speaker will be firing into the wall behind me which has windows and an exterior door. Does this sound ok? Will the chorus II's not perform well not being in a corner? Thanks.