Length for the Pro's

candykid

This won't be the ideal distances but my couch in my dorm room is about 5-6 feet away from my tv and the speakers will be on either side of it about 2 feet away from the tv on either side most likely hanging from the ceiling. My rears will be on either side of the couch as it is against the wall almost and will be about 2 feet at the most away from ear level hanging from the ceiling so I'm definately gonna have to monitor my rear surround level. Oh by the way, if your wondering why my ceilings are so short? I built what basically amounts to a table (we call it a deck) and it stands about 33" tall, so couch fits on top along with the "necessary equipment" (klipsch pro-media and dvd player, tv blah blah..) and beds go underneath, later

• 2 weeks later...

Will not even get my 4.1's for 2 weeks but the forums already have me buying mono plugs and 16 gauge wires and looking at mounting options.

Due to the room and a 11 month old daughter floor stands are out for the rear sats. The fronts are no problem as they will go on the wallmounts my Labtec's currently inhabit (If they can stand the smell) for the rears I am looking to place them firing down from the ceiling 1-2 feet behind desk and 4 feet above my head.

Is this a reasonable placement? I don't see any probs with the planes being out of sync as long as the targeting is accurate.<[p>