Quintet III wall mount problem

MattW

Hi,

I purchased quintet III speakers a couple of weeks ago and am in the process of mounting them onto the walls using the provided brackets. The problem is that the speaker seems too heavy for the ball and socket mount and so does not hold it in the correct place. In fact the whole speaker sags so that it is facing the ground!

Has anyone else experienced this and if so were you able to fix it. I tightened the screws as much as possible but this doesnt seem to work.

Any advice would be very gratefully received!

Cheers,

Matt

Thanks for your advice - yep have noticed this problem seems to be a commonly raised design flaw in online forums.

I have put tape on the socket part of the joint which seemed to provide enough friction between the ball and socket. Layout of room doesnt really favour stands (and bracket mounting was one of main reasons for buying these speakers!)

Very disappointed with Klipsch and wonder whether this is the only flaw with the speakers.