Long time gone, maybe comin back...

darkside

Greetings!

It's been a long time since I've perused the Klipsch forums and actually used Klipsch speakers for that matter. Got hooked on EMIT loaded Infinities, but miss that rich Klipsch sound so am looking to get some old Klipsch speakers again. What are y'all's opinions on either KLF-20s (for 750) or CF-2s (for 375)? I have an SAE 02 system (T102 tuner, P102 pre, and A202 amp) that I would be using with these. I don't remember what all has been said about either the Epics or the Legend serieseseses. Are they even comparable and are those good prices for either? Any input would be much appreciated. Many thanks to you all!

Yeah, I did but could never afford any of it. I had RF-15s at one point but became enamored by big Infinities for one reason or another.

Heresies would be real tempting, but I thought I heard that they're not incredible with SS stuff, but are much better with tubes like the rest of the Heritage line, though I may be mistaken...

So I guess that means that they don't sound too hot with SS stuff, even quality SS like SAE (though the 02 certainly wasn't their best)....just a hunch. Like I said, I don't remember...

I like the thought of Heresies or KLF-20s because they're three way...

Is 350 reasonable to you for a pair of Heresy IIs in real good shape?

>It takes a lot of money in this hobby to learn that you don't have to spend a lot of money.

The wisdom of Solomon. Got my 'horns for 1500.00. My Frazier Elevens (calculated the current price if they were still made at around 10k) for 400.00. About the only thing that can't be had at a bargain except for extraordinary luck are LP rigs. Even then a couple of hundred bucks can buy a LOT of happiness in a turntable if you are willing to forego the last 5% or so.

If you have a lot of money, great, you can get some cache along with great sound. Those who spend a lot of money and don't have it are doing so for prestige from people who also don't know any better.

Dave

So I guess that means that they don't sound too hot with SS stuff, even quality SS like SAE (though the 02 certainly wasn't their best)....just a hunch. Like I said, I don't remember...

I like the thought of Heresies or KLF-20s because they're three way...

Is 350 reasonable to you for a pair of Heresy IIs in real good shape?

I think they would sound good with S.S. Stuff, but better with tubes.

$350 sounds reasonable for Heresy. Although I think Heresy is the 'weakest' in the Heritage Line. I would save up your $$$ and spring for a Pair of Fortes, Cornwalls, La Scallas, Belles or Khorns.

I have seen a Lot of Fortes for around $400 a pair, and I think you would like them much more than Heresys.

I'm running SS gear with my La Scala's and it sounds amazing. Heritage series speakers don't have to have tubes. Do tubes sound better? I wouldn't have a clue as I don't have any tube gear and I don't plan on getting any..........yet! That may change down the road, but for now, I couldn't be happier.

I picked up the 1979 La Scala's in great condition,from the original owner for $1100 and replaced the crossovers for $300. The best $1400 speakers I have ever heard!

Dennie

...for $1100 and replaced the crossovers for $300. The best $1400 speakers I have ever heard!

Just about the same as my LS, although mine are a little newer. I usuallyuse tubes (2A3 Moondogs at 3.5 watts each), but currently have them powered with a 75wpc SS amp. Aaaahhhhh... they still sound wonderful. I use SS on my Heresy IIs.

I think what you don't necessarily need is extremely high power.

Bruce

Since I have not been able to afford some tubes my self I have been running some Cornwalls, and have ran some Heresies in the past on ss, and I think they both sound great. But like someone said earlier you can even find some great deals on tubed gear. I have been watching the market for some dynaco mark IIIs looks like they can be had on the bay for around 600 bone stock, if I had the cash thats what I would be trying now or even a st-70. To me I think the Cornwalls are just a bigger version of the Heresies but also with more bass, but if you have less room you could always go with the Heresies and run a sub.just my two cents worth. Welcom back by the way, one thing I have learned from around here is eveyone usually comes back.

duder

Yeah, I miss the awesome efficiency of Klipsch, and the sound too of course...

I currently am using my P102 (preamp) with my T102 (tuner) as the front end for a pair of Mackie studio monitors. Sounds great, love it definitely, but it doesn't "fill the room" with sound (you all know what I mean) like I know a pair of Klipsch speakers would.

Yeah, I miss the awesome efficiency of Klipsch, and the sound too of course...

I currently am using my P102 (preamp) with my T102 (tuner) as the front end for a pair of Mackie studio monitors. Sounds great, love it definitely, but it doesn't "fill the room" with sound (you all know what I mean) like I know a pair of Klipsch speakers would.

I know what you mean. The Mackie's don't have the sense of Scale that the Klipsch have!

It does make a difference. I think you should give your SS gear a try with some Heritage speakers and see how you like it.

Dennie

I forgot I was going to tell you the Heresies are a decent price if they are mint, that's what I paid for my Heresy 1s but I also shopped around and got a pair of Cornwall's for about 100 more. Unfortunately for some great for others people are having to dump there speakers at low cost, I would check local cl, and if your willing to travel there's lots of great deals in Florida.

Room permitting, I would hold out for a pair of either Chorus or Cornwalls, a real nice step up from the Heresy. In this market both are trading relatively cheap to their actual worth. Which is a good thing for those of us looking to pick up used equipment.

Thanks for all the responses guys. I really appreciate it!

Also thanks for the offer CigarBurn. I don't get up that way much. Last time I was up that way was in may to hit up the twisty roads with a friend of mine and the time before that was for a backpacking trip on the AT from Dicks Creek Gap south to Unicoi Gap, so I know exactly where you're at, but am not up there much at all. It's about an hour and a half from Al'fretta. Maybe some day, I don't know though. I certainy appreciate it!

Anyways, I've been looking at the two most local craigslists which, for me, are Birmingham and Atlanta (I'm now at Auburn and there's never anything in AU, Montgomery, or Columbus) so there's at least something there. No Heritage other than a pair of Heresies that I can find.

I hate to keep asking questions like this, but what about any of the KG series?