Long time gone, maybe comin back...

darkside

Ok, sorry about this again...but what about a pair of Cornwalls for $200? That's all I know about them though. Someone put a pair of Cornwalls for $200 on CL, but that's all they say. Would it be worth the risk to go ahead and commit? Because that's ridiculously low price for some CWs, even I know that...

Anyways, I've been looking at the two most local craigslists which, for me, are Birmingham and Atlanta (I'm now at Auburn and there's never anything in AU, Montgomery, or Columbus) so there's at least something there. No Heritage other than a pair of Heresies that I can find.

Here is an easier way to search C-List without going to each city. Just type in zip code and subject(Klipsch) and all C-list adds within 250 miles.

http://www.searchtempest.com/

Bill

PS

My sister and her family and my best friend live in Alpharetta.

Ok, sorry about this again...but what about a pair of Cornwalls for $200? That's all I know about them though. Someone put a pair of Cornwalls for $200 on CL, but that's all they say. Would it be worth the risk to go ahead and commit? Because that's ridiculously low price for some CWs, even I know that...

Yes, go see them. NOW!

Very cool! I'm bookmarking that right now.

AAANND I would go see them, but, like I said, I'm in Auburn and these were on the Atlanta CL. While I'm at it, and I hope you guts don't mind me asking, but the same listing had a pair of DCM TimeFrame 2000s also for $200. Anyone know anything about these? I couldn't find much other than they're supposedly very rare, huge, and cost $2000 in 1987 or something like that...just out of curiosity, anyone know anything?

Thanks!

Doubt you'll be able to get Cornwall's for $200. If you do it will be because you were in the right place at the right time.

I am currently running Khorns, LaScalas and Heresys with SS amps with no problems. This is in a Home Theater configuration. My two channel rig uses all tubes, McIntosh and Cornwalls. It is all good.[:D]

"...While I'm at it, and I hope you guts don't mind me asking, but the same listing had a pair of DCM TimeFrame 2000s also for $200. Anyone know anything about these? I couldn't find much other than they're supposedly very rare, huge, and cost $2000 in 1987 or something like that...just out of curiosity, anyone know anything?"

I borrowed my bro's DCM TimeFrame TF350s for awhile...here are their specs:

1985 DCM TimeFrame TF350 two-way floorstanding loudspeakers. Each flat panel, hybrid transmission line enclosure consists of a .75" soft plastic-dome, low-viscosity ferro-fluid filled tweeter, with an acoustic anti-diffraction lens for improved on-axis high-frequency smoothness and balanced off-axis frequency response, and a 6.5" low-frequency paper driver with a foam surround and a kapton voice-coil former for improved power handling and efficiency; frequency response: 38Hz-20kHz (±3dB); sensitivity: 89dB @ 1 watt/1 meter; nominal impedance: 8 ohms; recommended power: 40W min, 150W max.

I assume the 2000s are a more upscale model than the modest TF350s. All I can say about my brother's loudspeakers is that they're extremely open, detailed...holographic comes to mind with these entry-level DCMs! Dynamics with SACD music and Blue-Ray DVDs is outstanding for such a simple, straightforward design. Never having auditioned any other DCMs, I cannot comment on the 2000s directly...other than if the lowly 350s sound as spectacular as they do with today's modern components, the 2000s should be a no-brainer at $200 a pair as long as they're in good shape! Check 'em out if they're still available.

HMMM. Ok. The guy with the $200 CWs was the same person with the $200 DCMs and he's told me they're all gone at this point. But I'm not quite sure I believe him because, mysteriously, another CL posting showed up for DCM TF-2000s and this time the asking price was $650, not $200. The reason I think that they're from the same person is because of use of terms like "cat scratch" in both postings, but maybe it's just me looking into it too much. Nevertheless, I've decided I don't really want to go too much over 400 bucks, so that cuts my possiblities way way down. Am just gonna have to keep lookin!