What every garage needs.

CECAA850

methinks he's now shopping for subs and will be doing the 'speaker-on-a-stick' trick in a bit Wink

Michael

Actually I'm thinking of building (or having built) two seperate 12" or 15" sub cabinets that will fit under each speaker. It's all in the idea phase right now.

personally, I'd look up the KPT484 (I think), it's a single 18" version of the KP682 or KPT 684. A nice deep cube about 24x24 x 30 deep, that would kick some major butt. The Klipsch designed 115 or 480 just don't cut it for me in terms of output or tight bass.

or a basic Cornscala bass bin (NOT a cube) with single 15" K43 (heavy duty model) would also work nicely. If you're going to take it out for parties and such, put the cup mount in it for pole mounting the KP2502's so the horns are 6' above ground level.

M

personally, I'd look up the KPT484 (I think), it's a single 18" version of the KP682 or KPT 684.

I like the Klipsch product description, " This system is comfortable being used as the main subwoofer system in a small auditorium, as well as the subwoofer for surrounds in small-to medium-sized auditoriums."

You got one laying around in the shed out back?

George, that looks something like my shop setup!

iPod and DVD changer into small Behringer mixer

-> JBL/Urie 6360 powering KP201 and MCM stacks (on opposite ends of shop, swaped L/R - R/L)

-> 'control room out' sent to BGW 150 which is switchable to outdoor sub/Rock or lab use which engages

a full range output on one side and an old AA network on the other side for testing drivers and speakers.

If you're not using the two main inputs, you can use those for you iPod and gain some measure of tone control also!

Yeppers the same deal on shelves by the ceiling and flipping upside down- I think I got that advice from Doc. It works great!

Michael