25-31 PC-Plus vs SB12-plus

twisted1272

This paragraph taken directly from the SVS website under the SB-12 Plus page sums it up for me:

If you need room rattling power, the ultimate depth, AND want a small footprint too? Then our exclusive space-saving Powered Cylinder subs should be on your short list to evaluate. Few brands will be honest about this point: "size matters" ... with subwoofers. Even if perfectly designed, no truly small sub like the SB12-Plus
will compete with an equally well-designed large subwoofer
(particularly if it's one of our super-efficient vented subwoofers such
as those mentioned just above).

I wouldn't consider the 25-31 to be extremely large myself. Its the shortest of all of their cylinder subs and doesn't take up very much floor space at all. In fact, it takes up the least amount of floor space of any of the subs that SVS makes.

thanks for all your responses, my main problem now after having the sub a few years is that it is so large that the size thing is wearing off. I want a smaller sub and have orderded the sb12 plus. they have a 45 day guarantee and if i dont like it then i can send it back. i am worried about the sound not "hitting" the right places in the room due to waves. Does anyone know the wave lengths? Hopefully they will be smaller so will be enjoyed around whole room. Does another sub fit this description? I use this sub not nearly enough to even power turn up. thanks for your help.