Hi all! Big fan of Klipsch and finally made the plunge...

ssd008

Just wanted to write a little note and say hello to all!

I am new to this forum and have been a big fan of Klipsch ever since my buddy purchased himself a pair of RF-7s. Everytime I looked through Klipsch's product line ups, I was mysteriously drawn to the Heritage line. I just graduated from college and decided it was finally time to go find myself some decent audio products (had been listening to 2.0 computer speakers my entire life). I checked out my local Craigslist and spied a deal on what was billed as vintage Heresy IIs. I checked them out and ended up making the purchase.

Pics after I cleaned them up somewhat:

Front w/Grill on

Front wo/Grill

In a rather amazing turn of events, I emailed Klipsch Support about when this particular pair was made and it turns out they were produced in the 42nd week of 1986 which is about the week after I was born. The guy who owned them before me decided to paint them, but I am planning to eventually sand and refinish them.

More pictures of placement and gear later after I finish my grad school homework!

Cheers!

Welcome to the Forums and the joys of Klipsch ownership SSD. You should look into getting some risers for your H II's, which will angle them up slightly and improve your listening experience. They sometimes come up for sale on Ebay, but your best bet is to post a WTB (want to buy) thread in the Garage Sale forum here. A fellow Klipscholic probably has a set for you. Enjoy.

In terms of stands, I also would like to eventually build some nice custom ones, but like the refinishing thats a little ways down the road. Currently, I have them proped and tilted slightly with Duplos (epic I know).

Currently driving them with the Pioneer receiver model listed in my sig. I know its not the greatest but I got a good deal on it too and had some giftcards so it fit my price point. Am currently in the poor college student phase of my life still, once I finish grad school and get a nice job i will be able to get better gear.

It makes me happy the way it is which means it can only get better down the road. [:D]

• Like 1

Welcome, enjoy the ride down the slippery slope, as I know few people, that once they have experienced the Klipschy goodness, can resist the urge to add to their stable,usually going larger each time.

Just don't get too nutty or you'll end up losing them one at a time, as you try to pay off your student loans,car payments, mortgage, etc.

Klipsch tend to serve a additional benefit, that many are unaware of at first and that is acting as a prospective future wife filter.

If she doesn't mind even the big 'uns, she's a keeper!

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum! I've been on for less than a year and have acquired

5 sets of towers

3 center channels

3 amplifiers

2 old Sansui's

2 pair of book shelves

2 real big subs

1 new turntable

..............and a partridge with a big horn coming out of his head.........................

Have a happy addiction like the rest of us!

Thanks all for the warm welcome!

I can definetly say that I am falling more and more in love as I listen and work out the kinks in my system. Just hooked up an optical connection from my sound source to my reciever and it vastly improved the sound quality (which was already pretty amazing).

Will be keeping these for a long time and expanding as funds and space allow! [:D]

• 2 months later...

Those dont look painted??? Get a HK 430 you will love the sound.Rick

Welcome to the madness!!

I agree with Rick, they don't look painted.

It won't be long and you will be checking out Bob Crite's tweeters and replacing the caps... it's a slippery slope, but enjoy the ride!!

Herb

• 5 months later...

Hi, not sure how this forum really works but i made the plunge too in this world of klipsch! Ibought a pair of quartets and they sound amazing!

At this moment they are driven by a cyrus2 and psx power supply but as soon as money allows im going to check out some valve amps.

Greetings from Holland

Klipsch tend to serve a additional benefit, that many are unaware of at first and that is acting as a prospective future wife filter.

If she doesn't mind even the big 'uns, she's a keeper!

Well said! Yes

Yup, I've got a gal like that now. She saw my split LS-BG before I did, her Daddy has Forte's and MWM/402's in the living room, she has RB75's in the bedroom. Keeper! [:D]