Mount RC7 *above* projector screen?

ender21

Keep in mind, for best results, your tweeter(s) for the center should be within 18" of the Mains tweeters (on a horizontal plane) ....

Why is that? If they're all angled towards you and you've set your speaker distances correctly in the receiver's set up menu, should it matter?

I don't know how you're planning to affix the speaker to the mount. Screws maybe? If so, the mount only gives you 10 degrees of tilt. Will that be enough?

And that's where the compromises of a mount like this come into play. I'm not sure if 10 degrees will be enough, but in addition to tilt being limited, it's also a fixed distance from the wall as well. Suppose I need it to be closer to the wall or further away?

I think I may look into having a few painted 2x4s and a piece of plywood mounted to the ceiling at exactly the specifications needed, both distance from wall and angle to seating.

Unfortunately having the height of the tweeters across all 3 mains be within 18" isn't doable unless I have an AT screen. I neither have that, nor do I really want it. But having said that, the tweeters would be closer to that rule of thumb if I kept the RC7 below the screen.

Rick

I have a 110" fixed mount screen and the center channel currently hits my first row of seating just fine, but the second row will be a bit compromised. Does anything think this would work to mount the RC7 *above* the screen?

Thanks!

Rick

It works nicely with a Heresy. That Heresy sounds much better up there than it did on top of the old TV. Click the link in my sig.

Keep in mind, for best results, your tweeter(s) for the center should be within 18" of the Mains tweeters (on a horizontal plane) ....

Why is that? If they're all angled towards you and you've set your speaker distances correctly in the receiver's set up menu, should it matter?

It's been suggested in a couple of books I've read about getting the most out of your system. Supposed to image better.

I actualy built a small shelve to mount my RC 7's above my DLP, It costed like 20 bucks maybe.

The only issue i've really found is that angling the RC7 too much causes alot of strain on where the face of the speaker meets with the cabinet it's self, I've got rubber feet on the RC 7 but they still tend to slide back with the weight of the RC 7. I posted a picture a while back of my setup so you might see what I did...... Gonna look for it.....

Thanks for the insights guys!

I'm going to be leaving the RC7 below-screen. I'll be purchasing a taller stand than my current Lovan, and this will bring the center speaker awfully close to within 18" of the RF7s adjacent to it. However, it still won't have a direct path to the second row of seating, unfortunately, but appears to be the best-case scenario for now.

Thanks Bill,

That'd be great except it's too tall. My current Lovan M2 is about 7.5" at its tallest point, plus ~9" for the RC7 is 16.5". I have ~5" to spare which means the tallest point of the new stand should be ~12.5". I'm hoping for an adjustable tilting head like the Lovan M2 if I can find it.

Rick

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Pete. Unfortunately my subs and RF7s occupy the space I have available on the sides, so that idea's a no-go as well.

For closure's sake I've decided to leave the RC7 below the screen, but I do have ~5 inches of room to move it up, so I'll be looking for a stand or some other solution that allows that at some point. It looks like I need a 13" stand and I haven't found any with adjustable tilt at that height yet.

Thanks for all the advice guys!

Rick

• 2 weeks later...