My new company name

greg928gts

My hobby is starting to become more and more like a business.

I've been using the name "Gregs Audio" and that's been fine, but it sounds like what it is, a guy who has a serious hobby selling some audio stuff.

I'm trying to find a name that is a little more professional sounding, and one that will be there for the long run, no matter what becomes of my business.

I like the name "Viva Audio", but it's already taken. The "V" is appropriate because of the horn speakers that I build, and Viva means "life", and I always refer to the "life" of the music.

I ran across the word "Volti", pronounced "Vawl-Tee", which means to "turn over a new leaf" or "to turn the page". It's got the "V" and it's got a nice meaning.

I like "Juicy Music", but names like that may be just a bit too cutesy for me.

I've thought about my initials, like JBL did, but GAR just doesn't cut it. Thanks Ma.

"Roberts Audio" may be a possibility, but it's a little plain.

Anyone remember "Trace Elliot"? I think that company is gone now, but I always like their name, logo, and the way it sounded to say it. So I thought of "Roberts Volti" but there may be issues with pronounciation, although who cares, it can't be that far off.

It's hard to come up with a company name and I'm looking to all sources for ideas. I'm ready to get my own domain name and I need to get the company name down first. My mother came up with "Design Concepts Company", my home building company name for twenty years, but her suggestions for this business name haven't been too good. One of them was "Ears2U". Ugggh.

Any ideas from the Klipschophiles around here?

Greg

www.dcchomes.com/Gregsaudio.html

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Garvolti Audio

Sounds a little Italian to me, or German, I don't know, never mind.

Just Results Audio....... this picking a name thing is hard.

I did pick our name "Down to Earth Landscapes" and had the bright idea when I signed up here to keep it simple "dtel".

I'd suggest something that evokes your part of the country (Moosehead is already taken, I believe). Especially since you're apparently socked away somewhere in the woods (not so good if you decide to move).

Something like Acadia Audio, since you're not far from the NP.

Sounds a little Italian to me, or German, I don't know, never mind.

Yes, it does sound Italian. It rolls off the tongue easily, at least for me. I kinda like it.

Garvolti Audio.

It's unique enough that getting a domain name won't be a problem, and I doubt there's another Garvolti Audio out there anywhere.

Greg

I'd suggest something that evokes your part of the country (Moosehead is already taken, I believe). Especially since you're apparently socked away somewhere in the woods (not so good if you decide to move).

I've never heard of Moosehead Audio. I like Acadia Audio.

NP?

I'm building a new home in Acadia right now (Southwest Harbor).

Greg

My favorite memories from Maine are Mount Kineo (I have a beautiful photograph of Kineo across Moosehead Lake) and hiking the Precipice Trail at Acadia Park. "Kineo Design"? "Precipice Audio"?