My new company name

greg928gts

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Islander - yes, I had thought about the opposing V and A, I like that idea. dj dollar bill is working on something for me right now. Or at least I think he is.

Add one more vote; I like Volti Audio.

That's great. It's sitting very well with me too, liking it more and more each day.

Greg

And if you get big and start selling at discount, the slogan could be: "Volti Audio. You'll be shocked at our low prices!"

Even if you don't go that way, you could say: "Volti Audio, the source for electrifying sound!"

Lots of possibilities with that name, not just my corny ones.

The graphics and lightning bolt are great! Love the Black and Gold.

The slogan is too pretentious. I haven't done anything yet. Kind of like calling a rookie QB a future hall of famer.

I have to be careful about how I use anything trademarked by Klipsch.

I'd like to know what others think of your ideas.

Greg

The slogan is too pretentious. I haven't done anything yet. Kind of like calling a rookie QB a future hall of famer.

Greg

Yes, the graphics look very cool. I'd like to see the lightening bolt replace the "i" in volti (just to see how that looks). Black & gold are a great color combination.

I disagree with you about the slogan--I like it. I heard an interview once with Freddie Mercury of Queen. He said that they had to have a certain amount of arrogance about them because when they were writing music, in the studio, performing; they had to believe that they were going to get through to the audience. Professional athletes have that same arrogance/swagger to them. They have to believe that they will win--and so do you! Your humbleness can be displayed in your customer relations; but, be bold and confident in your marketing. Good luck to you! --Steve--

Maybe just a little too squatted, especially the word Audio.

How would I use this graphic? What I mean is, how would it look at the top of a webpage, or on a business card, or letterhead, or printed on a box? I'm thinking about Klipsch for instance, where the logo doesn't have any background, but is something that can be printed anywhere. Of course the "Volti Audio" part of this can do the same thing. Just wondering what your thoughts are here.

Greg

Greg

Yes, the graphics look very cool. I'd like to see the lightening bolt replace the "i" in volti (just to see how that looks). Black & gold are a great color combination.

I disagree with you about the slogan--I like it. I heard an interview once with Freddie Mercury of Queen. He said that they had to have a certain amount of arrogance about them because when they were writing music, in the studio, performing; they had to believe that they were going to get through to the audience. Professional athletes have that same arrogance/swagger to them. They have to believe that they will win--and so do you! Your humbleness can be displayed in your customer relations; but, be bold and confident in your marketing. Good luck to you! --Steve--

Thank you for that feedback. I like the slogan, but I don't know if I can live up to it!

Greg

I would work to make a logo in black and white first, with no 3D text. The majority of uses will dictate a simpler approach. The basic Klipsch logo is one example. Peavey, Crest, Behringer, JBL, Mackie (text only, with the running man figure), Gibson, Fender...the simpler the better.

Some have taken plain text and added a gradient, but most are simple designs. The typeface is critical. I imagine that Gibson and Fender never thought they would still be using the same font after so many years! Or C.F. Martin for that matter. The type/logo, almost defines them as much as what they make.

Bruce

The layer styles pallette bevel and emboss text looks cheap. The distorted text for 'audio' doesn't seem to serve any purpose visually and makes the logo appear self disorienting.

Have to agree ... the backwards "audio" hurts my brain [:S]

I like the name, though ... I always thought "Downeast Audio" would have been good, but I'm sure it exists already and sounds like the name of a hi-fi retailer.

Good luck with growing your business ... and we can all say, "We knew Greg back when he was working out of his basement ..."

Chris

Well, aren't you guys a brutaly honest bunch!

That's ok and that's why I like NYC so much, as no one says s**t just to make you feel good, they speak the truth.

However that said, cut me a little slack along the way, as we are just throwing around ideas, not final products. Remember there is still some time and effort, being donated gratis, by a non-pro graphics guy, just to try and help a fellow Klipsch community member.

So even though the truth and the whole truth, is helpful, try and keep it constuctive, if everyone is only saying what they don't like/hate, as opposed to what elements they do think work or could work, my motivation to continue trying is going to vanish rapidly.

Marvel, you are correct, I am jumping a few steps and will go back to basics and try a variation of this design in simple, flat, black & white to see if it would do the trick on letterhead.

Being a PS hack I tend to fall back to bevels, shadows and all the fun filters for dramatic effect, but have a web page saved on proper logo design that I'll review for the next round. Almost feels like work instead of just creative fun. [:(]

Meanwhile, I think submissions would be more than welcome from anyone, but assume most of you have better and more profitable things to be doing.[;)]

11852_177442790735_627380735_3236884_316

11852_177442810735_627380735_3236885_307

I would work to make a logo in black and white first, with no 3D text. The majority of uses will dictate a simpler approach. The basic Klipsch logo is one example. Peavey, Crest, Behringer, JBL, Mackie (text only, with the running man figure), Gibson, Fender...the simpler the better.

Some have taken plain text and added a gradient, but most are simple designs. The typeface is critical. I imagine that Gibson and Fender never thought they would still be using the same font after so many years! Or C.F. Martin for that matter. The type/logo, almost defines them as much as what they make.

Bruce

I agree, understated gives the impression fo refinement while the wild graphics make it seem cheap. I immediately thought of car stereo bandpass subwoofers and the swap meets.

Sorry, but its true.

EDIT: Just saw your post above. Sorry, not trying to just cu tthis down. Gregg's products are beautiful and have rich wood finishes, they look like very high end speakers. I think that a refined aproach will define his niche much better. The text should be a classic style and maybe a small logo, like a music note or something like that which is easy to reproduce and not trying to grab your attention so hard.

The post where Gregg announces the name, which I think is in times new roman, actually looks nice.

Well, aren't you guys a brutaly honest bunch!

That's ok and that's why I like NYC so much, as no one says s**t just to make you feel good, they speak the truth.

However that said, cut me a little slack along the way, as we are just throwing around ideas, not final products. Remember there is still some time and effort, being donated gratis, by a non-pro graphics guy, just to try and help a fellow Klipsch community member.

So even though the truth and the whole truth, is helpful, try and keep it constuctive, if everyone is only saying what they don't like/hate, as opposed to what elements they do think work or could work, my motivation to continue trying is going to vanish rapidly.

Marvel, you are correct, I am jumping a few steps and will go back to basics and try a variation of this design in simple, flat, black & white to see if it would do the trick on letterhead.

Being a PS hack I tend to fall back to bevels, shadows and all the fun filters for dramatic effect, but have a web page saved on proper logo design that I'll review for the next round. Almost feels like work instead of just creative fun. Sad

Meanwhile, I think submissions would be more than welcome from anyone, but assume most of you have better and more profitable things to be doing.Wink

Please don't let the comments get you down. This type of feedback, even if a little undiplomatic, is very important. I would like to get even more feedback from people.

I like everything you've come up with so far, and I know we're just throwing around ideas, so it doesn't mean any of this will get used, it's just part of the process. I really appreciate your efforts.

I agree with the idea of doing a logo that can go both ways - simple and flashy. This is kind of what I was getting to with my question about how the graphic would be used. It's important to have something I can send to a box manufacturer to print on boxes, in one or two colors, and something that can go at the top of letterheads in black and white. The basic company name logo has to be pretty simple and straight forward.

This is probably a little too simple though

Volti Audio

But it does have a certain understated elegance to the simplicity.

In looking at Klipsch's logo, it's always the same font, there's the elongated "V" used under the name, and it has an oval shaped border. To see how simple they keep their logo, and how well defined it is, go here http://www.klipsch.com/branding/

I think settling on a particular font is important, and will probably follow the company as long as I'm around. I like the idea of re-positioning the two words so they are not necessarily one after another. I like the larger "V". I like the lightning bolt too, but maybe it is too flashy. My wife said she does NOT like the lightning bolt. I like the black and gold colors (Steelers fan for 35 years).

I guess those are my thoughts right now. I hope you don't quit on this project, I like the efforts and the price!

Greg

I have every confidence you will keep the business high quality, with an emphasis on superb customer service (as you have in your previous ventures). BUT, be aware, if you slip*, someone (not me, of course!) will do a Bose/Blows play, and call you reVOLTIng AUDIO... [;)]

*far from likely