My new company name

greg928gts

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without the symbol it doesn't provide a instant visual of the type of Audio that Greg does so well.

Anyone with a K Horn or that knows the Klipsch herritage lines, should pick up on this at a glance.

I spent some(too much) time, drooling over his work shown on his web page today, looking for inspiration.

May not have found any, but his work, as another wise cracker here would say,his work is "top notch".

• 2 weeks later...

I finally had some time to look and think about this last one. My wife likes it a lot, and i like it too, but I think it's still a little too fancy. There's just a little too much there. I like the graphic behind the words and I like that the "V" is emphasized. I like that Volti is larger than Audio.

I still go back to a couple of things.

The very simple Volti Audio which I still like for it's understated simplicity.

The idea of having one simple graphic as part of the logo, like the "V" under the word Klipsch, or the graphic on the JBL logo, or the idea of using the "V" in Volti as the shape of a horn, or the circle around the V and A that Josh came up with.

I spent some time on a free logo creator online and came up with several logos that I liked, but they all needed tweaking, and the program didn't alow for it. It's easy to explain. Each of the logos had a simple graphic that had the "V" shape either behind or beside the words. The text font was "Times", "Clarissa", "Copperplate", or "Avantgarde". I looked at them in black and white, and with a couple of colors.

The site was www.logomaker.com

Hope this helps with some ideas.

Greg

post-11090-13819513659142_thumb.png

I finally had some time to look and think about this last one. My wife likes it a lot, and i like it too, but I think it's still a little too fancy. There's just a little too much there. I like the graphic behind the words and I like that the "V" is emphasized. I like that Volti is larger than Audio.

I still go back to a couple of things.

The very simple Volti Audio which I still like for it's understated simplicity.

The idea of having one simple graphic as part of the logo, like the "V" under the word Klipsch, or the graphic on the JBL logo, or the idea of using the "V" in Volti as the shape of a horn, or the circle around the V and A that Josh came up with.

I spent some time on a free logo creator online and came up with several logos that I liked, but they all needed tweaking, and the program didn't alow for it. It's easy to explain. Each of the logos had a simple graphic that had the "V" shape either behind or beside the words. The text font was "Times", "Clarissa", "Copperplate", or "Avantgarde". I looked at them in black and white, and with a couple of colors.

The site was www.logomaker.com

Hope this helps with some ideas.

Greg

Greg,

Taking your last comments, how about the last one without the graphic behind it? Very simple and elegant I think.

Taking your last comments, how about the last one without the graphic behind it? Very simple and elegant I think.

Yes, or with a different graphic.

I think it's very nice too, but just a little too curly for me. I think with a different font and the right graphic it's a winner. As I said before, I was able to do up a few different logos at logomaker.com and they all looked really nice. I was not able to save them though, which was a bummer.

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

Opinions welcomed.

No problemo -- I liked this one best of the 3:

VAlogo3.jpg

Its assymetry is more interesting than the other two, and I found it to stay more in my mind while I looked at the others. It takes pleasing steps from upper left to lower right, which to me unifies the 2-word "Volti Audio" sequence. Although it's hard for me to connect a meaning with "Volti".

It'd be nice if something in the logo could suggest audio, music, or your woodworking in service of those.