Anyone successfully slot port Lascala ?

jason str

Guest David H

Would there be enough spacing to extend the ports in to the doghouse area?

There is enough room for round ports, flaired would be cutting it close. The other concern as previously stated is proximity to the floor.

Dave

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awsome Ideas for improving the appearance of Ported La Scalas!

Dave is much sharper than the average Bear!

I would like to have Top Sections that are a couple inches taller to accomodate JBL 2404 tweeters above your Fastracs.

Increased volume from being taller would be more than offset by reecessing the "moter board" locally to get the JBL 2404 behind the grills would more than offset and volume lost by recessing the Tweeters. Might even be enough room to keep the Crossover in the top section.

I built a couple of Prototype boxes to hold the JBL 2404s on top of my current La Scalas and recessing the JBL 2404 1.5 inches did not create any wierd reflections that my 40ish year old ears could detect. I could detect much more realistic symbol sounds versus the K-77s.

This would through off the proportions slightly Tops look a little tall, but not bad wife has approved tops like Hoaks taller tops. If the Tops were 2.5 inches taller, making the base 5 inches taller would keep the proportions same as Stock and follow the Rule of Thirds precisely.

With VRDs and the right tubes I really do not need more bass, but if more lower Frequeancy Bass for movies came along for the ride while fixing the proportion issue, that would be awsome.

I am sure you will out the tuning.

How much for my Ultimate La Scala Cabinet with Cheery Laminate? (Downfiring ports would also be acceptible)

Guest David H

I would like to have Top Sections that are a couple inches taller to accomodate JBL 2404 tweeters above your Fastracs.

The additional volume from raising your tops would probably be fine.There are ways to contol volume if you need to.

We shall see if the end result worth the effort soon enough.

Thanks, Dave.