Reference vs Synergy... For Music

JDHenn05

So as you can tell by my number of posts, i'm very new to this. My friend has the F-3 set for both Home Theatre and music and sounds great to me. I never heard the Reference series, but it seems like everyone loves them. I saw in a few posts that for music, the F-3 are great because they have higher high's and lower low's. And for music, what more could you ak for. If I were to get the F-3 Set I would probably get everything all at once, or i would get the RF-83 and piece it together over a period of time. I listen to pretty much everything, but when i listen to rap/hip hop, i want the house to shake.... any recommendations?

...according to Klipsch, the F-3 is a modernized version of the Reference RF-3...two generations back but still significant and cretainly in the same league...you're just at the top of the Synergy line with Reference going beyond...don't feel bad 'bout your Synergies but if you want more...there is more to be had...good luck with your choice...

Bill

I was just sitting here yesterday listening to my Reference speakers thinking "WOW I'm soooooo glad I sold the F-3's and bought these"

With that said I can only imagine how good the RF-83's or 7's would sound. Don't get me wrong the F-3's are a very good speaker but it's not a Reference.

One the other hand for just 2 channel music I love my Heresy's.

Rocko

I own quite a few Klipsch speakers and I would either pick up a pair of RF 7's, if you take your time, you should be able to buy them now for around $1,000. They are just great speakers and if you plan to build up a system, you won't be dissapointed if you are using them for 2 channel and home theater. Then you need to find a clean RSW 15 and just blow your walls out. LOL. FYI, my home theater system is RF 7's, RSW 15, RP 3's (Sides) RC 7, and RF 35 ( Rears)