Let's see your Klipsch speakers.

JDJohnson

On the humblier (is that a word?) side.

kewl and like the singer equip rack Yes

I noticed that too, very nice!

Dennie

Thanks guys. Neighbor was throwing out a Singer desk. It was trashed - must have been in a damp basement for years. Removed everything off the cast iron, then sanded and painted with Rustoleum. The refinished wood top is from a condemned upright piano, circa 1910.

Great resto job RiverNug, sweet little setup, Klipsch loves the HK Twins[:D]

On the humblier (is that a word?) side.

kewl and like the singer equip rack Yes

I noticed that too, very nice!

Dennie

Thanks guys. Neighbor was throwing out a Singer desk. It was trashed - must have been in a damp basement for years. Removed everything off the cast iron, then sanded and painted with Rustoleum. The refinished wood top is from a condemned upright piano, circa 1910.

Wow, that even makes it cooler!! [Y]

Dennie

• 2 weeks later...

I bought these 78 Rosewood Khorns from wrench722 about a month ago. I replaced the woofers and have only been listening to them with SS gear. Got energatic the other day and took my tube gear in and hooked it up to them to see what they sounded like. Love them but I think it is time to upgrade the xovers. I finally took the plunge into vinly last week but after only listening to digital the analog sounded very, very different. I was not getting the sound stage that I was getting with cd,s so I added a couple of subs, made it sound very nice. Now I just need to learn to dial in the subs !

post-29696-13819615473488_thumb.jpg

post-29696-138196197158_thumb.jpg

The other one ! I had to make a 1" strofoam door for this opening. It got a little warm in there with no return air for the A/C and the tubes radiating heat. These will be the Khorns that I will use for the NOS vrd stereo amp and JMBB with creme that I just bought from Scott last week.

post-29696-13819615485382_thumb.jpg

post-29696-13819619728674_thumb.jpg

I think you have already reached it Don. When you get it all dialed in, you can coast down hill and just enjoy the music.

Frank

Thanks Frank, its getting better all the time ! I am basicly just getting into tubes and just wondering how long it takes to get the bug for tube rolling ?

Don, I had to give you some crap. I know exactly how you feel. As you know, I have been on the same journey as you, just taking a different route.

Just remember that the journey is just as enjoyable as the destination....if you ever reach it.

Don, I had to give you some crap. I know exactly how you feel. As you know, I have been on the same journey as you, just taking a different route.

Just remember that the journey is just as enjoyable as the destination....if you ever reach it.

I had fun drag racing for 15 years but the real fun only came on the weekends, now the fun is 24/7. It seems to be the most bang for the buck !

Thanks Frank, its getting better all the time ! I am basicly just getting into tubes and just wondering how long it takes to get the bug for tube rolling ?

You are going to love the tube sound, especially with those speakers. Tube rolling is a minor expense for you now. [:D] Lots of guys on here with experience with tube rolling.

Don, you are totally out of control my friend! Big Smile

No Rudy, This is what I call out of control ! I guess I think I am going to sell all of this stuff one day.

Somewhere I see myself in that picture or at least my up stairs room.... Is there a group we can go to for help?

The other one ! I had to make a 1" strofoam door for this opening. It got a little warm in there with no return air for the A/C and the tubes radiating heat. These will be the Khorns that I will use for the NOS vrd stereo amp and JMBB with creme that I just bought from Scott last week.

Do you have a pair of matching SW-12s (or are those 15s)?

Do you have a pair of matching SW-12s (or are those 15s)?

One is an SW-12 and the other is a SW-12II, both are oak ! They are my first experience with subs and 2-channel. I am new to tubes and vinyl and neither seems to have the bass I was used to with SS. The subs sound pretty good for old subs but I can learn from them.

I am new to tubes and vinyl and neither seems to have the bass I was used to with SS. The subs sound pretty good for old subs but I can learn from them.

Wow. That seems odd to me and totally opposite my experience. I found the Tube amp to give much more bass then the SS amp when not using a sub. The sub just helped my lows even more where the Heresy's couldn't go.