Let's see your Klipsch speakers.

JDJohnson

One is an SW-12 and the other is a SW-12II, both are oak ! They are my first experience with subs and 2-channel. I am new to tubes and vinyl and neither seems to have the bass I was used to with SS. The subs sound pretty good for old subs but I can learn from them.

Very nice matching subs! I repaired an SW-12, then gave it to my brother for his B-Day. I know the newer Klipsch subs deliver more wattage and punch, but I thought the SW-12 sounded awesome.

"I am new to tubes and vinyl and neither seems to have the bass I was used to with SS. The subs sound pretty good for old subs but I can learn from them".

It's unusual for the Scott not to have adequate bass.

I've seen some tubes without a good lower end. Rolling may just cure that

• 2 months later...

Main Home Audio/Video System
Equipment List

• Pioneer VSX-1020-K
  • Technics SL-j3 turntable
  • Mains 84' Klipsch Cornwall 1.5's(re-capped 2011),
  • Height 77' Heresy I's(re-capped 2010)
  • Center_ PolkCS350-LS (pending a single Hersey)
  • Side surround_Polk FXi50 (dipole)
  • Back surround Klipsch SS.5
  • Subs Energy encore8 8" powered, DIY Sonosub 24x48" 14hz tuned 1200w@4ohm Powered by Peavey CS800x amp Tuned with BFD+REWd)
  • Display Dell 4200 Plasma
  • 12ga banana plugged monster cable all around
  • Home built HTPC in a Silverstone case & Gyropoint Media Remote
  • Windows7 x64 Ultimate Media Center -w- MyMovies4 by Brian Binnerup
  • CPU_AMD Phenom IIx3 @ 3.2ghz / 8gigs ram
  • GPU_Nvidia 260GTX 1Gig OC
  • MOBO_GIGABYTE GA-MA770-UD3 -w- HD audio (optical digital output to VSX1020)
  • STORAGE_2.5 tb hard drive 2tb more USB
  • 100 disc DVD DSS Dischub (not recommended)

One Big Red Comfy Couch.[:D]
From My Home Theater

post-46438-13819618504824_thumb.jpg

post-46438-13819622108468_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Here is my colterphoto1 [^o)] Starter Kit: 1975 K-B-WL Klipschorns... 1986 BR Heresy IIs... Single 1977 BR La Scala... 1979 BR Cornwalls.

Just thought I should post this while I still actually own them, '86 Heresys selling today and the '75 KHorns on Friday,

wil still have the '79 Corns and single '77 La Scala:

post-27869-13819635286044_thumb.jpg

Here is my colterphoto1 Hmm Starter Kit: 1975 K-B-WL Klipschorns... 1986 BR Heresy IIs... Single 1977 BR La Scala... 1979 BR Cornwalls.

Just thought I should post this while I still actually own them, '86 Heresys selling today and the '75 KHorns on Friday,

well that's one post that has me feeling a bit better today. Are you sure you want to part with those Khorns? They're beauties.

Here is my colterphoto1 Hmm Starter Kit: 1975 K-B-WL Klipschorns... 1986 BR Heresy IIs... Single 1977 BR La Scala... 1979 BR Cornwalls.

well that's one post that has me feeling a bit better today. Are you sure you want to part with those Khorns? They're beauties and my guess that in a couple of years they won't be made any more. In fact I'd bet a year's pay that in 5 years there is no more Klipsch Heritage whatsoever.

Hey Michael,I hope your are VERY wrong with your 5 year prediction, not such a "warm, fuzzy feeling" around here right now.

With my 2 youngest daughters working their way through university right now, I figured I should scale back a bit right now.
I have really enjoyed the KHorns for the last 3 years since buying them from Claude, and I am hopeful that I will have another pair
in a couple of years... or better yet a pair of Jubilees.