Let's see your Klipsch speakers.

JDJohnson

My classic 1978 Sansui G-7000 stereo receiver temporarely pulling home theatre duty in stereo-only mode thru my 1987 Klipsch Heresy IIs. I have
nothing against the latest 7.1 home theatre receivers, but since I'm on a
tight budget right now, I'm more than content with the sound quality
from Pandora online and Blu-ray discs with my 2.2 setup. Soon, I'll replace the Sansui with my Baldwin tube amp and BEZ tube pre...who says I can't watch Blu-rays with vacuum tubes? LOL! :)

post-11084-13819684380382_thumb.jpg

My classic 1978 Sansui G-7000 stereo receiver temporarely pulling home theatre duty in stereo-only mode thru my 1987 Klipsch Heresy IIs. I have nothing against the latest 7.1 home theatre receivers, but since I'm on a tight budget right now, I'm more than content with the sound quality from Pandora online and Blu-ray discs with my 2.2 setup. Soon, I'll replace the Sansui with my Baldwin tube amp and BEZ tube pre...who says I can't watch Blu-rays with vacuum tubes? LOL! :)

Great looking Sansui unit.....

Mike,

Beautiful decorating...! What finish is on the Heresy's, they look great...!

W. C.

Thanks W.C.! The Heresy's are veneered with a Japanese Tineo to match the Khorns up front. Both were done by the amazing Greg Roberts. I couldn't be happier for you with your new purchase. I so badly wanted them myself but just couldn't pull it off. I'm glad someone on the Forum got them.

Mike

post-6388-13819684429162_thumb.jpg

Mike,

Tineo is beautiful and your speakers show it....! Greg does wonders with veneer. When and IF the Jub-Like Drones work, I was thinking of going with that veneer, as it is very striking. Man, I wish my skills were that good, as the proof is in the pictures...!

Yea, I can guess everyone can still tell that I am just a little excited about the Goldens. I can't seem to get this GRIN off of my face...! I feel like the JOKER....! Firing up the clone today was the pinnacle of an excellent Holiday week for me...! I am really excited to get the testing started.

The picture of the K Horns, in that room, totally justifies anything that you spent on the conversion, as it is just stunning. I am envious of the way your speakers look. Great looking setup and I am sure the sound is equally as good as they look.

W. C.

W.C.,

Thanks for the kind words. Greg does fabulous work and is very dedicated to his craft, and that definitely shows. I can certainly understand your excitement, and am well aware of what a very good 2" driver mated to a well thought out mid range horn can do for a big ol' horn bass bin. I'm very jealous of your rig, but am very happy with mine as well. My Khorns sound as good as any speaker I have heard to this point, but I certainly know there is a lot better out there. I heard 6Foot8's 3-wayJubs a few years ago, but I would really like to hear a nice 2 way pair (especially with the TADs). Maybe I'll get the chance to hear yours one day. [:)]

Merry Christmas by the way. I hope things are well for you and yours.

Mike

Mike,

The only YOURS is my Dogs (Sydney and Fred) as I am the last of the line in my family, NO living relatives left. In some ways, that isn't TOO bad.....[H]

Bring the TADS and let's hear them on the Jub-Like Drones.....there is always room for changes or improvement....I really want to test them with as many top ends as I can get my hands on. The more we test, the more that we will know. One combination may prove to be the (and I say this lightly) the BEST combination to date, who knows. There are way too many varibles in the calculation to not look at as many combos as possible.

W. C.

Mike,

The only YOURS is my Dogs (Sydney and Fred) as I am the last of the line in my family, NO living relatives left. In some ways, that isn't TOO bad.....[H]

Bring the TADS and let's hear them on the Jub-Like Drones.....there is always room for changes or improvement....I really want to test them with as many top ends as I can get my hands on. The more we test, the more that we will know. One combination may prove to be the (and I say this lightly) the BEST combination to date, who knows. There are way too many varibles in the calculation to not look at as many combos as possible.

W. C.

Yeah, I hear ya. I'm a lifelong bachelor myself. Can't imagine too many ladies that would like what I have done to my living room. [:D]

I actually have the 2" BMS driver, but I know the Jub guys are loving the TAD driver. Not sure if any of them have heard or tried the BMS 4592 with the K402. Would like to know how this driver stacks up. I know its a heck of a lot cheaper.

Mike

My classic 1978 Sansui G-7000 stereo receiver temporarely pulling home theatre duty in stereo-only mode thru my 1987 Klipsch Heresy IIs. I have
nothing against the latest 7.1 home theatre receivers, but since I'm on a
tight budget right now, I'm more than content with the sound quality
from Pandora online and Blu-ray discs with my 2.2 setup. Soon, I'll replace the Sansui with my Baldwin tube amp and BEZ tube pre...who says I can't watch Blu-rays with vacuum tubes? LOL! :)

Jim, it all looks great! How have you been? Not seen you on here in a long time. I hope the job situation has improved for you.

Bruce

Thanks for the complements, Mike, Boxx and Bruce. As far as my job situation is concerned, regrettably, there hasn't been any improvement there due to this stagnet economy. I'm holding my own as best I can...at least I still have my audio system to enjoy.

ABSOLUTLY love the black finish on those. Them are the best looking I've ever seen... Sweet.. Mjc.. I have some older speakers I'd love to have them finished like that.. Some day... Mjc.. New here, but love the KLipsch....

Welcome Michael, We're glad you're here! [<:o)]

Dennie

ABSOLUTLY love the black finish on those. Them are the best looking I've ever seen... Sweet.. Mjc.. I have some older speakers I'd love to have them finished like that.. Some day... Mjc.. New here, but love the KLipsch....

Welcome Michael, We're glad you're here! [<:o)]

Dennie