Let's see your Klipsch speakers.

JDJohnson

The cane grilles are in excellent condition, along with the beautiful birch cabinets. The original slant risers were never permanently attached to the Heresys, and are only on the floor in my room temporarily until my new heavy duty Lovan 18 inch Jazz 3-post speaker stands arrive. The drivers and crossovers are all original and in excellent condition...I see no need to update or modify these consecuatively serial numbered Heresy IIs as they sound fabulous thru my '78 Sansui G-7000 stereo receiver (my 300B SET amp is down at the moment, but I can't wait to hear these beauties thru tubes)! Big Smile

jt--

Nice to see you on here again, and nice to know you are able to listen to some Klipsch! Love to here those 300B amps sometime.

Was your dad able to sell the organ, or does it still take up the garage?

Bruce

jt--

Nice to see you on here again, and nice to know you are able to listen to some Klipsch! Love to here those 300B amps sometime.

Was your dad able to sell the organ, or does it still take up the garage?

Bruce

Hey Bruce...thanks, it is nice being able to enjoy Klipsch Heritage again...I've missed 'em for way too long. The 300B amp regrettably has a hum issue I need to address before I use it on the HIIs, but my old Sansui receiver makes the horns sing sweetly...I'm impressed to say the least!

And I sold the pipe organ in October 2006 just before my retired folks moved in...the organ chamber is now my dad's antique radio restoration workshop.

The rooms not finished, so forgive.

Looking to the rear of the room. Heresies on the rear wall. RS62II's on the side walls.

Posted Image

Front wall (behind screen) Three LaScala, two 80's variety AR's (to be replaced with Heresies if I decide I like height channels) and two Danley DTS-10 subs (likely never replaced). I may at some point sell off two LaScala and replace the left and right with Khorn. To be honest though, crossed over to the subs I don't know what I'd gain?

Posted Image

tragusa3,

It looks like you took on a big project. I'm not a multi-channel guy so maybe my input may not be too meaningful but I thought I would offer a suggestion. It looks like you are still working out the details. Anyway, I have tried mixing loudspeakers and making big stacks of loudspeakers but it never really sounded better than the weakest link. The reinforcement is nice but it was always better and clearer if I didn't use multiple speakers. Maybe just raising the LaScalas up a bit would give you the image height you need. Just thinking out loud.

Thanx, Russ

Maybe just raising the LaScalas up a bit would give you the image height you need. Just thinking out loud.

Thanx, Russ

Russ, raising the LaScalas would not do what he is trying. He is trying out height speakers to see if he likes using them, "height speakers" are completely separate channels, just as side or rear surrounds are separate channels.

As he mentioned he is temporarily using the speakers in the photo to see if he likes using the height speaker channels, if he does like the height channels he will replace them with a better matching speaker, he mentioned Heresy's.

Thanks cornfed!

Russ, Rich Guy explained it well. The heights are a discreet channel and not simply reenforcement of the main channels. I appreciate your thoughts, and yes, the room has been quite the project! I'm on year three now, and hope to finish up this year. I'm worn out, and ready to stop working and start enjoying!

Maybe just raising the LaScalas up a bit would give you the image height you need. Just thinking out loud.

Thanx, Russ

Russ, raising the LaScalas would not do what he is trying. He is trying out height speakers to see if he likes using them, "height speakers" are completely separate channels, just as side or rear surrounds are separate channels.

As he mentioned he is temporarily using the speakers in the photo to see if he likes using the height speaker channels, if he does like the height channels he will replace them with a better matching speaker, he mentioned Heresy's.

I'm just a simple 2 channel guy, so some of this is lost on me. In a 2 channel system the height of the image is achieved by the recording plus having the tweeter above your ear level (in a line array). I guess I would use a taller main speaker (in a horn system), perhaps a big commercial 3 way to gain image height (or stacked LaScalas, maybe). My only point was that a lesser speaker on your front wall will have a negative impact (quality), except for the extra sound reenforcement. I'm most likely just stuck in 2 channel mode and not understanding what's going on. My ramblings may not have much value, I was just throwing it out there. Thanx.

I'm just a simple 2 channel guy, so some of this is lost on me. In a 2
channel system the height of the image is achieved by the recording plus
having the tweeter above your ear level (in a line array)

Yes
it is still normally the same for the front channels in multi-channel
systems. The extra channels are mainly there for special effects to make
movie effects more realistic and have better placement to the action
onscreen.

While 7.1 with surround speakers has been around for
quite awhile now, there are now more channels being added for front
height as well as wide. These height and wide channels are pretty new I am not sure just how much
effect these new channels offer, I think this is why tragusa3 is also seeing if height speakers add anything to his system or not.

Myself I run a 7.1 system and have no experience with listening to the new channels now being offered.

The "height" channel, is a specifically matrixed channel from the processor. It's not a duplication of the mains.

So far, I've listened to 10 hours or so of movies since the addition. I'm comfortable to say that it certainly hasn't had a negative effect. I already owned all of the hardware, so for me, I think I'll continue to use it this way. That being said, I haven't noticed any reason to purchase equipment for the purpose.

Sorry to take the thread off topic.

I'm comfortable to say that it certainly hasn't had a negative effect. I already owned all of the hardware, so for me, I think I'll continue to use it this way. That being said, I haven't noticed any reason to purchase equipment for the purpose.

This is basically the consensus of every review I read when the technology was released. Silly question, perhaps, but can the height processing be applied to all input types?

Back on topic requires an appropriate speaker pic....... (That one sucks; probably on purpose)

C'mon Guys! No internet police here; he was just stating a (correct) fact.......

Youth; I am with you; there are other threads about 9.1 vs. 7.1......

Remember..... respect is what makes this forum great......

It is a new year and I am really trying to be respectful.... no matter what......

Back on topic requires an appropriate speaker pic....... (That one sucks; probably on purpose)

Lighten up Ironsave...

guitar.jpg?t=1296164153

Nice bass.... Ibanez or Yamaha?

I have a 5 string Warwick Vampyre...... (And a Trace Elliot 715X Combo)

See.... I am lightened up.......

What does that pic have to do with the "Let's See Your Klipsch Speakers" thread?

Lighten up?

C'mon dude......

Ironsave,

Thanks, it is an Ibanez. I just started playing 3 months ago. Been having alot of fun with it, have a great instructor.

As far as the pic I posted, I meant no harm. I just saw someone complain about the thread becoming off track which did not bother me one bit. You are right, this forum is for us to exchange information in a pleasurable way. I simply snaped a quck pic and posted it... Just for fun. I did not mean for it to be directed at ANYONE. If anyone is offended, my deepest apologies. Please carry on.

Matt