Let's see your Klipsch speakers.

JDJohnson

• Moderators

Here is a messy picture of the speakers in my main system. MCM-3 Grand system & Titan 48 horn subs in the middle.

WOW those speakers have grown alot over the last few years, [:o] I bet that sounds great, effortless sound. [Y]

Here is a messy picture of the speakers in my main system. MCM-3 Grand system & Titan 48 horn subs in the middle.

I think I will blow this picture up and hang it on the wall for those occasions when the GF is having a moment regarding me building or buying more speakers so I can point to it and say "If you keep complaining, I'm going to do that"[:P]

Well, I finally pickup up a set of Quartets last week, and I have to say I was immediately impressed. I basically just disconnected my RF-3's from my HT system and plugged the Quartets right in. Originally I had purchased the quartets for a stereo setup I was going to make, but now I don't know what to do. The quartets sound better, put out more bass, and fill the room better than the RF-3s. They put out so much bass that I actually turned off my sub. They are some amazing speakers. I really wanted to find a set of Fortes, but these came up. The price was right and they came with a free receiver.

Right now I am living back at home until my home sale goes through...gotta love a short sale. So right now I am at the mercy of being jammed into my tiny old bedroom. As you can see from the picture, things are a little cramped. I have my HT setup in there, and I must say it's going to be hard to disconnect the quartets and go back to the RF-3s.

So now I am left at a crossroads. I want to keep the quartets in my HT system, but I want a stereo system too. Now I want to find some La Scalas, and maybe even a Belle. I have become crazed with Heritage products and want nothing more than to collect them all. I feel like a drug addict or a pokeman master. "Gotta Collect Them All!" And I am so confused what to do. For now I am jammed in a shoe box, so I will keep thing like they are....but maybe I can sell the RF-3s & RS-3s and use that money to buy some Fortes or La Scalas....or I could just go a whole other route. My real dream is to have a room with a pair of La Scalas, Fortes, Quartets, Belles, and K-horns. They would be mobile, so I could re-arrange them on a whim. Maybe two pair of each, that way I could use them for a HT. Pipe dreams are a lot of fun. I guess I better get on winning the lottery so I can make my dreams come true.

post-45512-13819636291832_thumb.jpg

lol....great pick up.

i too bought a pair of Cornwalls for a 2 channel setup, but they are SO DARN GOOD i remove my RF-3s from my HT setup and put in the Cornwalls. now not sure what to do with the RF-3s, perhaps back surrounds.

still in the hunt for some smaller speakers for 2 channel in the living room (Fortes or Chorus).

Mark it's kind of hard to compete with that wall of sound but this "mini" system does a decent job.

jubs1.jpg

Do the stipes in the carpet straighten out when you turn the system off?

What's that center and the rest of the gear in this shot? Did you build those? Very nice!

The center is a Martin Logan Cinema I bought to match the Martin Logan Prodigy's that were in here (now in the dining room). The other gear include: Ampzilla 2000 mono block amps, Onkyo TX-SR607 receiver, Oppo BDP-83 Blue Ray player, Panamax M5400-PM power conditioner. The TV is a 52" Samsung LN52A750.

The Jubs are factory. These were commissioned by DWIlawyer. They are the only pair ever made from double sided South African Mahogany veneer. It took him over a year to get them. Roy said he would most likely not make another pair due to the difficulty in getting the cut list right. Although I do think everything is negociable. [;)]

The caption should read "Got Bass?"

Mark, it looks like the driver throats on your MidBass horns are SMALLER then the K402's, is that right????

I'll bet that's either camera error of optical illusion. The 402 has the TAD's on them so it's going to have that little 3" "tube" adapter. That might make it look deeper/smaller than the other?

My guess is they're both the same (it's the same horn after all, they're both 402's)