Let's see your Klipsch speakers.

JDJohnson

• Moderators

I don't know which mid horn Mark has but if it's the original it's not a 402 it would be a KPT-XII-MB.

What it looks like in the pic is maby the refelection of the dust cover on the driver, maby ?

This is from Klipsch.

post-11804-13819636385868_thumb.jpg

I don't know which mid horn Mark has but if it's the original it's not a 402 it would be a KPT-XII-MB.

Nope. It is a "402" however, it's configured with (I think) an 8" compression woofer on the back to work as the midbass unit. I think Mark said it was the KPT-305 (or was it KPT-503?) Regardless, the horn itself IS a "K402". Swap drivers, put a K69 on it and you could set it atop a Jubilee and be ready to go.

I sent Roy an email the other day, asking about this driver/horn... to get his thoughts with my single MWM stack if it would make sense to put this midbass unit on top with another K402 with the 1132/1133 midrange driver and ANOTHER K402/K69 on top of that creating a 4 way actively amped stack with the two MWM bins on the bottom and three 402's stacked above (in different configurations)

I'm wondering about this when used outdoors with intended volume.

What it looks like in the pic is maby the refelection of the dust cover on the driver, maby ?

This is from Klipsch.

I talked to Mark late last year. He had borrowed the KPT-XII-MB from JC and decided to order his own.....which took forever because, apparently, Roy was working on a "new improved" version with a smaller throat, so those must be the latest. We won't know for sure until Mark chimes in.

• Moderators

OK, I didn't think you could put a driver that big behind such a small throat so I guessed it was the other design.

I kind of like the other design, it looks like it would put out alot of midbass, but if there is a new design why not. [Y]

OK, I didn't think you could put a driver that big behind such a small throat so I guessed it was the other design.

I kind of like the other design, it looks like it would put out alot of midbass, but if there is a new design why not. Yes

I trust that Roy woudn't do it unless it was some sort of improvement over his prior design (higher efficiency/lower distortion over the sambe band?), or that the old driver suddenly became unavailable, and triggered a different choice.

I'm new to the forum, so here's my "first steps" into the Klipsch world: a pair of oiled oak KG4s

Dammit... SEE what happens when we get some Quartet's & RF-63's frollicking around naked in the living room... [8o|]

Twins at that... well, at least they're good looking twins!

[Y]

• Moderators

I'm new to the forum, so here's my "first steps" into the Klipsch world: a pair of oiled oak KG4s I found on Craigslist. I sanded them to 220 grit and topped them with 4 coats of boiled linseed oil. I love them, they sound great!

Welcome to the forums hockeytowner. The KG4's look superb! Nice job on the refinish.

I'm new to the forum, so here's my "first steps" into the Klipsch world: a pair of oiled oak KG4s I found on Craigslist. I sanded them to 220 grit and topped them with 4 coats of boiled linseed oil. I love them, they sound great!

kg4s.jpg

welcome to the forums! they look great! [Y]

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Very nice! I especially like the Heresy setup.

I envision a 2 ch setp with the gear hidden in the roll top.