Let's see your Klipsch speakers.

JDJohnson

foomac,

Do you have additional pictures? That is an interesting modification. Is that an Acrylic finish?

heli001,the finish is Acrylic lacquer. I use automotive paints. its a lacquer base paint with coats of clear coat

the color i use are (bass bin,face )chrysler intense blue pearlcoat, ( top,face) ford dark metalic blue, (horn ) ford silver metalic

I find theres more work painting than refinishing with veneer.

post-46240-13819689832684_thumb.jpg

foo,

Painting with Acrylics is a total Artform all by itself. The finish came out looking superb......! Did you build these from a set of plans or did you just get very creative? Do you have any pictures of the backsides? This is one of the most unusual K Horn Mods that I have seen.....you should be proud of your work and i am sure that 'They" are conversation pieces.......Veneering is simple when you compare it to this type of painting.

W. C.

foo,

Painting with Acrylics is a total Artform all by itself. The finish came out looking superb......! Did you build these from a set of plans or did you just get very creative? Do you have any pictures of the backsides? This is one of the most unusual K Horn Mods that I have seen.....you should be proud of your work and i am sure that 'They" are conversation pieces.......Veneering is simple when you compare it to this type of painting.

W. C.

Thank you for the compliment W.C. I didn't build them by plans . I have to thank a friend of mine who is a carpenter by trade and is very creative designing .he took the measurment when he was over my house than the wood work was done at his shop on a weekend. than the bass bin was move to the shop for a final fitting. after owning the K Horn for over 4 yrs. i have come to the final phase of the mods ,replacing the crossover with ALK extreme-slope crossover was the first phase .second phase was the tracrix horn was build by my brother.as you can see here in the picture this is the new top hat that my friend build and replaced the old one

post-46240-13819689879972_thumb.jpg

My stuff doesn't even compare to most of what I've seen on this thread, but here it is and I like it. I bought the Heresy I's new in 1980 and they've survived well. The fireplace prevents a center location of the TV in the room but I think it's the best I can do. I may build a theater in my unfinished basement.

AV setup

• Moderators

My stuff doesn't even compare to most of what I've seen on this thread, but here it is and I like it.

It's not a competition in any way, and all that matters is that you like it. [Y]

Music is playing and you like the sound = it's good. [:P]

I WOULD BE AFRAID THAT TV IS GOING TO FALL OFF ! [:o]