Let's see your Klipsch speakers.

JDJohnson

My listening position is high up, so I took the bases off and put them on 24 1/2 inch stands. These are the best speakers I've ever owned. I'm dying to tryout new amplification......Tubes......Mmmm....Tubes...[8]. But will be trying SS too. Right now all I have is a Pioneer AVR(Elite VSX-32) which I usually run "Pure Direct" on good recordings to avoid any processing. I have never heard vocals reproduced like this in my life. With every other speaker I've had it's like I hear the singer/s singing. Now it's like I'm listening to them sing,...too me. If that makes any sense. I could go on and on. I will just say they have created a much more emotional and intimate listening experience.......Thank you Klipsch.....Now back to the music..[ip]

Arnold: take your two passives to a top quality recone shop and have them recone the stiffer one to match the more flexible one. That will give you a matched pair (tuning frequency wise) and a little more bass as the softer suspension will tune to a lower frequency. That is a very nice looking set of Forte ll. Keep in mind there are a good number of things that you can do yet to extract far more musical information than you would believe posible that is waiting inside them now just for you. Best regards Moray James.

Thanks Moray. I will replace the passives in the future to match......... I was a little upset at first but, water under the bridge now. As of the present I'm not too worried about it because they sound great. The way they are placed in my room now is not the best place for them. My left speaker is closer to a corner and is always a little more bass heavy. But not by much. I will be rearranging my room soon so they are placed equal distance away from each wall in the corners of my room. I will also be upgrading the X-overs(BCrites), Mid and Tweeter diaphrams(BCrites Ti), new gaskets, new internal wiring and adding some Mortite rope to the horns. As well as stiffening up the cabs.....Not sure how I'm going to stiffen them up yet but I'm researching..

Looks good as always Youthman! I noticed the sound treatment on the rear wall.......those bright and shiney surfaces make reflections that are sometimes unwanted... (ooops, got to get a contactor's level on that one [;)] )

.......Gary

Here is a linl to an Ak thread where I posted pic of a couple of brace jobs I did. The Quartet is only a little sorter and wider than a Forte cabinet so you can get a good idea of the use of 3/4 ply and 1x1 struts used inside the cabinet for bracing the panels and then connecting the paneld together. This makes a big difference and is well worth the effort, You Forte ll are excellent speakers and they deserve the effort. Adding some complient but firm rubber like shoe insole material between the back side of the mid driver and the cabinet rear baffle will help also. You want tohave enough to compress firmly and still allow the mid horn to be properly seated when screwed into place. Good luck and enjoy. Best regards Moray James.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=372783&highlight=klf20

• Moderators

(ooops, got to get a contactor's level on that one Wink )

Gary, I'm sure I had it leveled at one time but with dual Velodyne HGS15's and 220 watts going to each RF-83, there's a whole-lota-shakin goin on (which is likely why the panel is unlevel. [:P]